The Arrangement

Aashna's POV : 

Aashna's POV : 

Crying yourself to sleep is not the best idea. Although crying might give you better flawless skin, but the headache that comes free with it is the worst thing ever. Okay before anyone asks why, I wasn't crying because of any life problems, I just watched kal ho na ho before going to sleep. It's the most depressing movie ever, but I find so much comfort in it. Shah Rukh Khan is literally the best person ever. Anyway moving on, I woke up late again. I'm supposed to be awake at 8 to get ready for office but it's 9 already and I have to be at the office for an important board meeting in an hour. I hurriedly get ready and walk downstairs to bid my mom goodbye. 

"Aashna kuch khaa ke toh jaao" my mom says from the dining table, she's sitting at. So i just grab a biscuit and yell, "Raaste mein kuch le lungi maa, bye, see you shaam ko", behind me as I leave quickly.

( Aashna, eat something ; I'll get some food on the way )

I start the car and drive to my office. Luckily, there's no traffic today so I stop at my favourite coffee shop on the way to pickup some coffee and donuts for myself. I reach the office with 10 minutes to spare for the meeting. I call my assistant, Anjali, and discuss the important topics that I had made a plan about yesterday.

Upon entering the meeting room, I'm faced with none other than Aryan Sharma, my biggest competitor in the business world. He smirks at me, the audacity. But I ignore him and take my seat beside my father and discuss some possible outcomes of the meeting.

The meeting moves on smoothly, but the only problem is that Aryan stares at me shamelessly throughout the meeting. It's irritating and I hate this habit of his. He's the most annoying person in the world.

After the wedding is over, my father calls me over for a little chat. I don't think about how this conversation may change my life but it most certainly does.

"Aashna aur Aryan, hamein tum dono se kuch important baat karni hai toh baith jaao" my father says. So the two of us take a seat right opposite to him but we keep a chair distance between us because there's no way I'd be sitting close to that man. 

( Aashna and Aryan, we have to tell you both something so take a seat )

"Jaisa ki tum dono jaante ho ki ham dono ki company sabse bari companies hai, so hamne decide kiya hai ki ham iss company ko merge karenge. Lekin ek cheez hai jo tum dono ko karni paregi uske liye. Raj, tu bata de inhe" My father says to me. Honestly if you ask me, I don't wanna merge our company but if dad thinks it's a good idea so be it. I'm just terrified of what the task is that requires both of us to work together.

( Like you both know that we both own two of the biggest companies in this country, so we have decided to merge them. But for that to happen, there's a work that requires both of you to do it. Raj why don't you tell them ? )

"Haa toh kaam ye hai ki, tum dono ko shaadi karni paregi ek dusre ke saath" Raj uncle says.

( Yeah, so the work is that you need to marry each other )

"NAHI PAPA" Aryan screams as soon as he hears those words. 

( No father )

"Nahi uncle aisa nahi ho sakta-"

( No uncle, this can't be it - )

I'm cut off by my father soon as he says, "Dono baith jaao, ye karna parega tum dono ko. Naa kehne se kuch nahi hoga abh"

( Sit down both of you, you have to do it regardless. There's no point in saying no )

What the hell just happened. There's no way my marriage was fixed to the man I hate the most. I need to call my. best friends and find a loophole somewhere in the contract provided so that i can get out of this. There's no way i would willingly want to marry Aryan Sharma of all people. I rush out of the office and end up at my chamber breathless. This can't be my life. 

______________

Hope you guys like the first chapter <3