falling ?

Aashna's POV :

Looking at me get scared, Aryan's expression quickly changed from smirking to that of concern but that was totally out of my mind. All the memories of my past came haunting back to me. I thought I had moved on, it had been 7 years yet it haunted me like it was just yesterday that I ran away. I looked at Aryan for a second, then blanked out totally.

Great, a panic attack, infront of the man I didn't ever wanna have one.

I could hear Aryan speaking, talking to someone, hopefully me, but I couldn't understand or even hear a word he was saying.

I looked at him again. I was trying to read his lips to understand his words. I didn't know what came over me when I completely stopped breathing.

One moment, I was looking at him, the next moment my lungs gave out and I was falling. 

Falling into a deep hole away from the world, from my past, from my present, from the future I probably could never have.

Yet I didn't feel any impact with the ground. But my eyes closed. That was that.

Aryan's POV :

As a prank, I had decided to hide from Aashna. I jumped out of the closet in order to scare her as a joke. 

But right now I wished I didn't do that. I cursed myself mentally around a million times for trying to do something so stupid. 

The excuse of "you didn't know" never worked on me, because obviously as a human being I should've known better and not just assumed that everyone likes all kinds of pranks.

"Aashna, deep breaths. Look at me, please. Take deep breaths," I kept repeating to her yet she didn't listen to me.

She kept staring at me as if she was trying to understand what I was doing. I could feel her breaths getting heavy and I understood that she was having a panic attack. 

Fuck you, Aryan. Why don't you jump in a ditch.

Suddenly her body gave up and it felt like she would fall right there.

Not on my watch though, I quickly acted upon it and held her. Sooner rather than later, her eyes closed so I carried her bridal style to our bedroom and lay her on our bed.

Obviously since I wasn't a doctor and I didn't know what had happened to her, or if it happened to her before ever, I just patted her head and decided to call our family doctor.

There was a time I didn't like this woman for fun but if anything happened to Aashna because of my silly prank, I would never forgive myself.

She doesn't have to worry about killing me, I'd do it to myself in a heartbeat. I could go through any atrocity in the world except seeing Aashna cry or be in pain.

Suddenly the feeling struck me that maybe I was falling for her, a feeling quite foreign to me because I promised myself that never again. But for some reason I felt like, if I fell Aashna would be there to hold me through it.

So that didn't scare me much. I just hoped and wished she felt the same somehow.

But before that I wished she would wake up soon.

The doctors and left and my family had left after checking up on Aashna too, with my mom scolding me for playing such stupid pranks on my wife.

"A-Aryan"

I turned around so quick, I'm pretty sure my neck would've broke but at that moment I couldn't care less.

I saw Aashna half awake, lying on our bed looking a little better, yet so ethereal it tugged on my heart. 

She's so beautiful, and she's my wife. Talk about winning in life.

After staring at her face for what felt like hours, I moved towards her and passed her the medicine and the water.

"Drink this chaand, you'll be okay soon," I said to her, letting the nickname slip although it felt oddly normal and not like we just got married yesterday.

She gave me a little smile and gulped down our medicine and fell asleep again. I admired her for a while and left to get my laptop from our home office to complete some paper work because there was no way I was leaving the house while my wife was sick.

Aashna's POV :

He called me chaand. Nobody had ever cared enough to give me such a thoughtful nickname, yet the man I disliked so much did. He said it so naturally as if he had been saying this for a while. I couldn't help but smile at him.

He cared enough to take care of me. He cared enough to call a doctor. He cared enough to be nice to me.

He left the room after a while and came back with some papers and his laptop to work, I guessed.

"Won't you go the office to work?" I asked, letting curiosity get the best of me.

"Abh, apni jaan ko bimar chorke kaam pe toh jaa nahi sakta na? Itna bhi bura nahi hu" He said while getting up from the couch and moving towards me.

(i can't leave my love here alone when she's sick. i'm not that sick )

I looked at him as he made his way through the room.

He sat infront of me and held my hand, "I'm sorry chaand, for playing such a prank on you that you got a panic attack. I shouldn't have assumed you'd take it lightly because frankly not everyone is the same, and they have somethings that trigger some feelings within them. I'm so sorry, I hope you forgive me sometime" 

The look in his eyes was so sincere that it scared me because the feelings I had right now was dangerously close to something I had promised myself to never feel again.

Without a second thought, I hugged him. "I forgive you Aryan, itna drama mat karo" I said and hugged him tighter which made him laugh and hug me tighter.

( don't do so much drama)

Maybe I was falling for him and maybe I was okay with that. I hoped he felt the same.