first day

Aashna's POV :

The next morning I woke up at 7 am only to find myself wrapped up in a blanket in Aryan's arms. I wouldn't say I don't get peaceful sleep, but this was the most peaceful sleep I'd ever gotten and maybe this is the reason of that. Staring at Aryan for a few more seconds, I decided to get up and get fresh since I had my 'pehli rasoi' today. As I moved to get out of bed, Aryan's grip tightened and he grumbled.

"Abhi mat jaao na, thori der aur please," Aryan said in his deep husky voice. If I said it didn't melt me a little I would flat out lie. I smiled at him and nodded and stayed for 5 mins.

(Don't go yet, wait for 5 mins, please )

"Hogaya abhi, jaane do, let me get up bohot kaam hai. You get up too," I said to Aryan which just made him grumble again but still he got up and left me. I missed his arms around me, but I'd never admit it aloud.

(Let me go now, I have a lot of work to do )

I got ready quickly and picked out a blue salwar which I had bought recently. I made my way downstairs and greeted the elders and went into the kitchen. Since it was my first day at my in-laws house, as per ritual, I was asked to make any kind of sweet dish for the members of the house. I had decided on making gajar ka halwa since that was the best I could make.

Minutes later, Aryan entered the kitchen. "What are you doing," he asked with a small smile on his face clearly intrigued. "Zeher bana rahi hu," I replied with a smirk.

(I'm making poison )

Hearing that, he rolled his eyes and hugged me from behind, "khaane ke menu pe zeher toh nahi tha, but abh tum bana rahi ho, toh waste kaise hone du", he said. Goddamn, this man and the way he had with words. I just smirked at him and continued making the food.

(Poison wasn't on the menu, but since you're making it, let's not let it go to waste )

A few minutes later, he made himself cozy and started helping me to cook.

"Nahi zaroorat Aryan, baahar jaake baith jaao.  I can do this, I've done this a lot," I replied getting a little frustrated because he was messing up my trusted process.

( I don't require your help Aryan, go and sit outside )

"Tum mehnat karo, aur main baahar baitha rahu, aisa kaise ho sakta hai," he replied with a small smile. I huffed in annoyance and continued my process of making my favourite dish ever.

(You work hard, and I go sit there doing nothing ? That's nonsense)

ARYAN'S pov :

10 minutes before Aashna was ready to serve the halwa, I got out of the kitchen and stood in front of all the members of my family and glared at them a little. 

"Agar acha na lage, toh please natak kar lena, mere liye. Don't let her be sad" I said and returned to the kitchen to help Aashna out. Finally after 30 mins of work, the food was made and ready to serve. Turns out she didn't lie when she said she made this the best. No one had to give out false compliments because it actually tasted so good. I was proud of her. And I loved the way her smiled looked after receiving so many compliments.

(If you don't like the food, please pretend, at least for me )

I knew what my weakness was now, well other than my dad's scoldings, this gajar ka halwa and the one who made it.

AUTHOR'S POV :

After having their breakfast, Aashna and Aryan both left for their separate offices. Although, the talks of merging their companies had been going on, nothing had been finalised yet. 

Aryan wouldn't admit it aloud, but he started missing Aashna after a while. He missed her tantrums, even if it had been just one day since they got married. Both of their families had urged them to take a week off after marriage, but both being extreme workaholics refused to do.

They had decided to take a break the next week, and go on their honeymoon, because they knew the more they delay the more their families are gonna keep forcing them into this.

_TIME SKIP_

It was 7pm when Aashna returned home, only to see Aryan's car parked and three missed calls from him on her phone. She muttered a damnit and walked inside the house. Touching the feet of her elders, she proceeded to her and Aryan's room only to find it empty. 

"Aryan, where are you?" She called out only to be replied back with utter silence. Strange, she thought and started walking towards the closet to pick up an outfit for the night and get changed. 

As soon as she opened the closet door, Aryan jumped out and screamed at her in order to scare her. But she didn't flinch, she just became pale white and halted in her motions.

PAST :

Aashna's POV : ( age 21 )

Akhil jumped out of his room in anger and held me with a tight grip. He yelled at me being for being late again. I was sure he was gonna hit me again, but instead he just kept yelling at me. I tuned him out, tired of the same stuff everyday. I had made up my mind to leave and so I-

- hope you liked this chapter !! sorry for inconsistency, i have exams soon :( thank you for reading !! don't forget to vote <3 -