Shaadi ?

Wedding day :

Aryan's POV :

I was going to be a married man today. As much as my soon to be wife despised the idea of being married to me, I was sickeningly happy about it. In all honestly I was counting down the days before I could call her 'my wife' and be allowed to kiss her. It's not a ritual in our tradition to kiss your wife, but I had decided to do it, only if I felt Aashna was comfortable with it. God, I hoped she was. Because I was a dying man, and she was my only salvation.

These feelings seemed foreign to me because after my second breakup with the woman I loved, I had vowed to never feel such things again. It was loveless dating for me, yet these feelings which felt a little close to a home called love, came rushing back to me, regardless of me liking it or not. I had hoped, forced myself, to get these feelings out of my head and merely blamed it on my messed up sleeping schedule and the food I was eating but there's only so much one can deny.

I was sitting in my room, after having breakfast. Aahan came barging in through my door, with Ashi following behind him sipping on what felt like her 10th coffee of the day.

"Ashi, stop drinking so much coffee. I'm sure you can survive a few hours without falling asleep," I said to her, concerned about her drinking so much coffee. Ashi had travelled from a different city back to Delhi yesterday, and had been swamped with a lot of work at her office, which resulted in her getting only 30 mins of sleep. She forced herself to stay awake today, because of my wedding even though I insisted on her sleeping for a few hours.

"I'll be fine, woh chor, taiyaar hona chalu ka, 3 baje shaadi hai. It's already 12, you dumbfuck," Ashi said as she threw my watch at me. ( leave that, start getting ready, the wedding is at 3 pm)

I nodded at her, slightly terrified that she'd throw a fit at me if I laughed at how bossy she sounded after a few cups of coffee. Aahan and Ashi both helped me get ready, along with a few help from the stylists responsible for designing this custom made sherwani for me. I had decided on a sherwani for the wedding and a three-piece suit for the wedding. Well, Aashna and I had decided the dress code, so there was that.

WEDDING -

Aashna's POV :

It's now or never. Every fibre in my body told me to leave, turn around and run for the hills because I was going into a marriage without any love. I knew that there was never going to be any love between us. Hell, I was convinced that if it did, it meant cows would start fucking flying. That was never happening, and so was the idea or the reality of us.

I watched the stylist take one last look at me as she announced that I was ready. It was the last 10 mins I had left before I had to leave the room and go to the mandap. I was tensed, nervous and every other word which were synonyms with those two. I wanted this yet I didn't and I couldn't give a real plausible explanation for either.

I took the last ten minutes, to take a look at myself, and overthink all the possibilities of this marriage. My mind was in chaos, which led no coherent thought to form. I took a last look at myself and opened the door only to be greeted by half of my family and their compliments. Growing up, I was always taught to smile, or even fake it when around elders of the family. So I did exactly the same. I had quite naturally become a pro at faking smile and as sad as it sounded it was the truth.

"Aao, chalein," my father said to me as I held on to his hand and walked towards the mandap. (come let's go )

He left my hand, at the foot of the mandap, which meant that I had to walk up the stairs towards Aryan.

Aryan looked so good in the golden sherwani. With this clean shaved face, and that long hair, and the amber eyes. He looked like an angel, sent from above, only for me. He smiled at me and came down a few steps to help me walk up. I muttered a quite thank you to him, which only made him smile a lot more at me. His smile was quite contagious, it made me smile in return too.

The priest started the process. During the ritual where we put the garland on each other, my cousins picked me up so that I could be out of reach for Aryan. But he still found a way to put the garland on my neck. "Shaadi tumse to karke rahunga," he'd said, smiling at me which earned so many aww's from the crowd and a faint blush from me. Also a lot butterflies in my stomach, but he didn't need to know that.

During the final part where we sign the legal papers he asked me twice.

"Kya Aashna pakka toh ? Sign kar du ? Meri ho jaaogi phir hamesha," he said grinning at me which made our family &  friends laugh. He only earned a glare from me, but I was smiling with him too. "Kar do, agar hamesha mere saath reh paaoge," I replied smirking.

"Tum ho saath, toh kya phikar."

That was all it took for me to realise that I was moments away from falling for him, and deep down in my heart I knew, he would never fall for me. At least, not after what happened with him in the past, even though I had no idea what actually did.

Just like that, my wedding was over. I was officially Aashna Kapoor Sharma today, whether I liked it or not. But to be honest, my heart did a back flip every time I thought about it. I liked this feeling a little too much than I'd admit.

AT THE HOUSE :

AASHNA'S POV :

"Are we going to sleep in the same bed?" I asked as soon as we entered his room. He looked at me as if I had grown two heads. "Answer me, Aryan, I'm too tired for this," I told him in a very tired voice. 

"Nahi toh aur kahan soyenge?" He asked me as if it was a very normal thing for us.

(Where else will we sleep ?)

"We aren't even friends, ek bed pe kaise soyenge ? Kya bol rahe ho?" I retorted back clearly getting frustrated.

( How will we sleep in the same bed, what are you saying ?)

"Aur koi bed nahi hai iss room mein, jaan, sona hai toh ek bed pe nahi toh tum jagi raho kyunki main nahi keh raha bahar jaake ki meri biwi wants to sleep away from me," He said nonchalantly. I huffed at him, and descended to the closet and got out of this heavy wedding dress and changed into a more comfortable night cloth. I freshened up and walked towards the bed, only to find him asleep on the left side.

(There's no other bed in this room jaan, either sleep in the same bed or stay awake because i'm not going out and telling people that you want to sleep away from me)

"Aryan," I pushed him, "this is my side of the bed udhar soo" I ordered him.  He rolled my eyes at me and moved towards the right side, leaving my space for me. I patted his back and turned the lights off and went to bed. Later in the night, I felt arms closing around me. I slept peacefully after that.

(sleep on that side )

_________________________

thank you for reading !! 🩷 please leave votes & feedbacks <3