dress

THE NEXT DAY 

Aashna's POV :

Today we have a party to attend. Well, it's basically Aryan's colleague's anniversary but since I'm his 'loving' wife, I'm supposed to be there too. 

The party starts at 7 pm, and currently it's 4 pm and I still haven't decided what to wear. 

I sigh loudly and decide to shoot a text to Aryan.

Aashna : What are you wearing today?

Aryan : Like right now?

He's still at his office. 

He said he'd come home at 5:30 to get dressed and then we'll both leave by 6:30 because the venue isn't that far away from here.

Aashna : ? no. For the event.

Aryan : Oh, a black suit with a white shirt. Why? Wanna undress me ? 😏 

I blush. He's so... aggravating.

Aashna : NO 🙄  I just wanted to know so that I could decide what to wear.

Aryan : Whatever you say, chaand 😏 

Aashna : BYE 🙄 

I huff and close my phone. He's so annoying yet sooo adorable.

SHUT UP.

I force myself to look away and my gaze falls on the open wardrobe and the pile of clothes. This is going to be a long hour.

After searching for another 45 minutes, I finally came up with a dress, well a black saree. I'm quite proud of myself for this choice. 

I hope other people appreciate it too.

I glance at the clock and it reads 5:00 pm. I start getting ready quickly.

I finish my skincare routine and decide on putting on a light makeup and leaving my hair open.

Then, I start wearing my saree. After 10 minutes of struggling and a lot of tantrums later, I finally look at myself. I'm quite proud of the way I dressed myself.

Admiring myself in the mirror, I don't hear when Aryan comes into the room, or when he breathes loudly. 

I turn around to see the back of my look, that's when I notice him.

Standing, and breathing heavily.

Aryan's POV :

Am in heaven? Have I died? Is this what heaven feels like?

The woman standing in front of me, looks heavenly. No words in the english or even any language dictionary could ever muster up the power to describe how breathtaking and stunning she looks.

Everyday I wonder if she could look even more pretty and she does. She looks more beautiful than any other day.

She catches me staring at her and smirks a little but goes back to her usual expression before I can tease her about it.

"Hogaya ghurna, toh jaake taiyaar ho jaao", She says smiling at me.

(If you're done staring at me, then go get ready)

Maybe I actually died.

"Jitna bhi ghuru, kabhi kaafi nahi hoga." I say, still awestruck by her.

(Doesn't matter how much I stare. It would never be enough)