Chapter one

Let us tell an old story anew, and see how well you know it.

Landscapes of magnificent beauty, each with something unique to itself. Rivers and trees, all of which are something that the ordinary human can only dream of seeing in their lifetime.

Once upon a time, there were two kingdoms that were the worst of neighbors. So vast was the discord between them that it was said only a great hero or a terrible villain might bring them together.

A windmill with great mountains behind it. The light from the sky promises another beautiful day. The blue stretched over the people, and wisps of clouds sprinkled about.

In one kingdom lived folk like you and me, with a vain and greedy king to rule over them.

They were forever discontent, and envious of the wealth and beauty of their neighbors.

Little fairies pass by, with water steaming between the mountains appearing. A happy mood floats around, and laughing can be heard.

For in the other kingdom, the Moors, lived every manner of strange and wonderful creature.

And they needed neither king nor queen, but trusted in one another.

In a great tree on a great cliff in the Moors lived one such spirit.

A singular pair of wings can be seen through the branches of this tree. A figure is laying down, and playing with dolls in the air. With magic.

You might take him for a boy, but he was not just any boy.

As the boy comes into view, beautiful green eyes twinkle with delight. His fingers move lazily with his magic, and the dolls made from twigs and leaves dance around in a circle.

He was a fairy.

His head jerks to the side when he hears a cracking sound. Moving from his comfortable position, he investigates to find a broken branch.

Concentrating, he closes his eyes and moves his hands over the branch. With a surge of golden magic, the branch is healed.

"There you go." The boy smiles, and goes off in search of his friend.

And his name was Maleficent.

His wide wings carry him over the other fairies, with a speed so forceful, it could blow the others away. Gliding a couple feet above the ground, he greets everyone he comes across, knowing that these fairies were his family.

"Good morning, Mr. Chanterelle! I love your cap!"

Though many reactions were different from the fairies, they were all lighthearted and good-natured. They protected and teased each other, as ones family does.

"No. No, don't do it."

His eyes harden slightly, waiting to see if the little creature dared to throw the mud at him. There was still a slight twinkle in his eyes, showing he was all for the joke, if the creatures aim was good.

He threw, and he missed. Maleficent laughed, knowing he would probably try again everyday until he hit his target.

Gliding just a bit higher, he approaches the water. Water fairies are gliding across teh surface, and in his greeting to them, comes a compliment.

"Good morning. Lovely work girls."

The fairies giggle, the light twinkle barley being heard by Maleficent as he catches sight of his friend surrounded by pixie fairies. The gossips.

He touches down, instantly grabbing the attention of the four individuals. The others surrounding them took a couple steps back, not wanting to be blown away by two pairs of wings when they take off.