Chapter Six

Diaval flies into a window high above everyone. He looks down at the proceedings, and watches as Stefana is crowned Queen along with her husband as King.

He caws slightly, and departs, making his way back to Maleficent and Y/N.

Standing behind them as they look out towards the castle, he informs them of what has happened.

"She did this to me, so she would be Queen?" He arches an eyebrow, and moves away from Y/N slightly. Before she can follow those few steps, he unleashes a scream, with his magic shooting up into the sky.

It was now green. There wasn't a hint of the golden magic he once possessed. She finches at the change of power, and looks sadly at her best friend. There was little coming back from this.

"Now what, Master?"

Maleficent thinks for a moment, and makes his decision. He turns, and walks past Y/N, draggin his staff behind him as he leaves. Y/N and Diaval made eye contact and he grimaced. Behind the cold and the determination, there was pain in her eyes.

Diaval knew Maleficent was so overcome by rage, he wouldn't see what he still had. Y/N. But what was his place to say something? He valued his life.

They follow Maleficent out, and watch as he rips stone from the ground in anger. They follow behind him nonetheless, ready to do any action he feels is necessary.

They enter the Moors, Diaval now flying behind them. As they approach the creatures, smiles and the sun vanish. Maleficent makes his way over to the front of everyone, and grows a throne from nature there.

He sits as it continues to grow, and looks over his new subjects. Diaval lands on the armrest, and Y/N takes her spot just behind and next to the throne. She rests a hand on the throne itself, but not Maleficent. He, on the other hand, begins to pet Diaval.

The tree guards glower at the creatures, forcing them to submit and bow to the new ruler.

________

Feet patter against the floor in their hurry, and excitement permits the air.

"It's a girl." The news is shared around the room of maids, and happiness is shown clearly on their faces.

Diaval flies from his perch and out of the window, intent on taking the news to his Master and Mistress.

He lands, stumbling a little as he is transformed back into his human form. In front of him stands Maleficent and behind him is Y/N. Always there, beside him, and always quiet.

Diaval can't recall ever hearing more than a handful of words from her. It was sad, really. He could see it tiring her, but he also knew there was no leaving this. They were both here for life, one way or another.

"Well?"

"Well, I saw nothing. But there's been a..."

At his hesitation, Y/N took a step forward, her brows furrowing. What could have possibly happened?

"What?" Make it a handful and one that Diaval has heard from his mistress.

""Child." He looks into her eyes, and sees the toll it takes. The anger that must be written on Maleficent's face. The broken pieces of Y/N that she refused to take the time to mend back together.

"Queen Stefana and the King have had a child."

Maleficent's eyes harden, and the gears start to turn. "Oh."

Y/N's eyes shift to him, trying to gauge the reaction. There was only so much hurt Stefana could bring, and this was one. A dream that Maleficent had shared only with Y/N. His love and want for children. He thought years ago that it would be with Stefana.

And now here she was, continuing the line of the humans who would stop at nothing to kill the people of the Moors, as well as every last creature.

"There is to be a christening. They say it's to be a grand celebration."

Y/N looks back at Diaval, and the anger and pain is clear in her face. They were boasting to the entire kingdom as well as ours that there was a new baby. Looking back to Maleficent, she waited to see what the next step was. She would follow wordlessy, as she has always done.

"A grand celebration for a baby."

Maleficent looked over to his best friend, and saw the readiness in her eyes. He knew that nothing would stop him from achieving his plan, and he knew exactly how to proceed with this new information.

"How wonderful."