Chapter Seven

Hundreds of people entered the castle, hoping for just a glimpse of their royal family. Excitement and joy could be seen on everyone's faces, knowing that this was a huge day in history.

All manner of folk came to the christening, even a trio of fairies who sought to foster peace and goodwill.

"Look, there's the baby!"

"I love babies!"

"Can you just concentrate, please? I'm not telling you again."

The three fairies fly up to the king and queen, fully ready to grant gifts for their daughter. It was a plan they had decided upon in order to create peace and happiness between the two kingdoms. There was no mention of this to their rulers, as they knew it would not be welcome.

Queen Stefana stops the fairies with a hand, tense and suspicious of them. She would not have anything go wrong when it came to the people of the Moore. She was paranoid enough.

"Greetings, Your Majesty. I am Knotgrass of the Moorland Fair Folk." The red fairie introduces herself, and the others follow.

"I'm Flittle, Your Kingship."

"And I'm Thistlewit, Your Royalnesses."

This does not seem to appease the Queen. She is still very weary. The king turns to her, and shows the confusion on his face at this.

"They bring gifts for our daughter."

The fairies scramble to assure the rulers, and show that they have nothing but the best of intentions when it comes to gifting their precious daughter.

"These are not just any old gifts, for, you see, we're magic!"

"And very good with children." Knotgrass adds.

"Very well." Stefana leans back, still cautious. The fairies slowly approach the babe, knowing that the next proceeding could determine a lot for their future.

As the fairies gift the babe, unbeknownst to everyone in attendance, Maleficent, Y/N, and Diaval were fast approaching.

Just as the last was wishing her gift, the lights of the candles blow out. A sudden gust of wind blows the fairies back, and startles all of the people. Queen Stefana leans forward, hoping against hope that her inkling is wrong.

Around the corner of the entrance, two shadows appear. Both have horns, and one carries a staff.

Walking past the people there, Y/N is just a few steps behind Maleficent. Diaval flies in on his own, cawing at the people who stare.

Maleficent wears a tattered uo cloak, with the collar sticking up. Holes are in it, and it is clear that his appearance is not the thing he cares for. His hair is slicked back, and slightly longer than before the loss of his wings. His staff banging against the floor leaves an ominous threat to all he passes.

Y/N wears a black dress, the back dipping just low enough to make way for her wings. Her wings are curled upon themselves. They look tired, and unused. They drag on the floor behind her, but not on the floor. They rest on her dress, which trails at least two feet behind her. She too has an older styled dress, but one that has had more care than anyone else's.

As they approach closer, the smaller fairies make the connection with who has just entered. In fear, they stay hidden behind the baby's casket, unsure of how this is to play out.

"Well, well."

Maleficent draws all of the attention onto him, as Y/N stands on the side with his staff. She makes eye contact with Stefana, and glares at her old friend.