Chapter Three

Two figures are in the sky, and they fly through the clouds with ease.

As the years passed, Stefana's ambition pulled her away from Maleficent, and towards the temptations of the human kingdom.

Twirling in the air, Y/N stops and looks down to see Maleficent burst through the clouds with his wings, creating an amazing effect.

While Maleficent, the strongest of the fairies, rose to become the protector of the Moors.

Maleficent often wandered alone and sometimes wondered where Stefana might be, for he had never understood the greed and envy of men.

But he was to learn.

For the human king had heard of a growing power in the Moors, and he sought to strike it down.

"Guard, halt! Guard, halt!"

An older man on a horse, commanding a battalion. Stopping before the moors, there is clear disgust on his face as he continues to address his army.

"There they are, the mysterious Moors where no one dares to venture for fear of the magical creatures that lurk within."

He pauses for effect. He knew how to lead an army, and how to get so many people to follow him. A shame he had such cruelty in his heart when he led.

"Well, I say crush them!"

Maleficent and Y/N land on the earth jutting out in front of the Moors . They knew this spot well, for it was often where they would meet Stefana. It hurt their hearts to know it would now be replaced with such an unhappy time.

"Go no further!"

The men around the king laugh, thinking pathetic thoughts towards the two who dare fight them.

"A king does not take orders from winged elves."

Y/N fumes. "You are no king to me."

"Bring me her head. Battalion!"

The screaming of his men could be heard for miles around.

"Advance!"

"Arise and stand with me!" Maleficent calls upon their own army, ready to use any and all magic to defend his home.

"Hold the line! It's the dark creatures! It's the dark creatures!" The men's horses show the first sign of fear. The men, wanting to run but also serve their king, move forward.

"Charge!"

Flying into battle, Y/N goes instantly for the king. She knocks him off of his horse, moving closer as she lands.

"You!"

She bends over, looking at him with deathly fury in her eyes. His men see this, and run to defend him.

"To the king!"

"You will not have the Moors! Not now, nor ever! You... ahh!"

He touches her collarbone, and in doing so burns her. It is painful enough to push her back from him, and allow his men to extract him from the battle.

The Moors creatures easily wipe their number advantage, and the rest retreat.

Y/N and Maleficent stand back on their original position, and nod a thanks to those who fought in this battle.

As they make their way back into the ground, Maleficent looks to Y/N, and goes to make sure she is OK. Before he reaches her, she turns and walks away, drained from the battle, and wanting nothing more than rest.

____

"When I ascended to the throne, I promised the people one day we would take the Moors and its treasures." A room full of those who serve the king. In the bed, he is sick and dying. It won't be long.

"Each of you swore allegiance to me and to that cause."

A coughing fit overtakes him, and a familiar face appears. Stefana props up the king, and adjusts his pillows for him.

"Your Majesty." She slowly backs away, slipping into the dark corner she is used to occupying.

"Defeated in battle. Is this to be my legacy?" He once again scans the room, seeing the grim faces, but the glint of power behind each as well.

"I can see you all waiting for me to die. It won't be long. But what then? I will choose one of your daughters to marry my son and carry on the bloodline."

Stefana perks up at this, wishing against everything she was one who could be considered.

"Kill the winged whore and her little protector. Avenge me, and you shall have your marriage alliance."

Stefana's eyes widen, then squint. Furrowing her brows, she thinks of Maleficent and Y/N. She also thinks of this opportunity, and how it could all play out.