32

Wall Maria

[Levi's POV]

Loss is just as important as love. Ever since I returned to Wall Rose, the guilt of leaving Sina in Mitras continues to burn within me. I set before my eyes how heartless and cutthroat this capitalist world is and how many troubles and miseries it is accompanied. I will make sure to destroy it, so she does not have to suffer anymore.

As we arrive at the gate of Trost District, the Survey Corps' expedition purpose is to reclaim humanity's lost territory and wipeout the titans, but as for the royal government, their true purpose is to thin the human population so that the surviving residents of Walls Rose and Wall Sina would not be at a loss for food and supplies. Not only that, some of the victims committed suicide to escape the horror that befell them.

In preparation to reclaim Wall Maria, there are eighty scouts including my squad, Hange, Moblit, Mike, and Erwin. We have our 3D maneuver gear equipped and throw on our signature green cloak with the Wings of Freedom.

"My soldiers! Let's not forget why we are here today!" Erwin roars. "You all wish to fight without knowing the end! We will be relentless and pass on the glory to generations to come, to the last man! Give your lives to humanity!"

"The soldiers and the innocents that spilled their blood with such cruelty on the battlefield, let's put their souls to rest in this world! Let's bring victory to mankind!" Mike raises a blade in the air and everybody in the crowd cheers. Hange is impatiently waiting to see those naked bastards and Moblit seems to be well-put together, but I can tell he is anxious deep down.

The bell chimes above us, signaling that the gate is opening and I look forward with narrowed eyes, ready to let out this bottled-up fury after failing to protect Sina from some mindless titans. "I'm ready to wash my blades with their blood," I whisper to myself.

"My soldiers, ADVANCE!"

On our horses, we leave for another daunting expedition and charge into the titan-invested Wall Maria. At this point, everybody who closely works with me knows what happened to Sina back in Mitras, and surprisingly, Viktor is not disappointed in me. He is also enraged by the fact that the royal government is seizing her and says it is not my fault, but of course, that was a white lie. I do not intend to die, so after we finish this expedition, I plan on going back to rescue Sina and nothing is going to get in my way.

"Captain." Zaiya is traveling beside me on her horse and notices my troubled face. "I know you're worried about Sina, but let's focus on this operation first."

I blink twice, trying to draw myself back to reality, and nod. "You're right. Let's kill some fucking titans." I usually refuse to take orders from anyone, but I have great trust in my comrades. My squad has been keeping me in check and I appreciate their concerns, but this rage... I just can't withhold it any longer.

The snow has completely melted, but the cold air still lingers. As we pass through the field, we enter a town painted in red, and titans are roaming freely for their next meal. We all watch in disgust and I am trying to hold the rein of my emotions.

"A ten-meter titan in sight!" Abel shouts from behind and we see it standing in the middle of the bloodied road, facing us with a menacing ear-to-ear grin. Despite their terrifying looks, they are hideous.

"Attack squad!" Erwin signals my squad and me to take over this crowded area of the town and we bounce off our horses to switch to our 3D maneuver gear. We unsheathe our blades and grapple to the nearest building, watching the rest of our soldiers charge forward to clear out other areas. With all the titans surrounding us, I turn to my squad and they are shocked to see how deadly my eyes appear. "Whatever I'm about to do, do not stop me."