12

When they saw the monster with their own eyes, they immediately panicked.

So this monster is the enemy of mankind.

"Pull back! Reestablish the formation!" Erwin commands his soldiers to act quickly before the titan can approach us.

This titan will catch up to us in a flash just by glancing at that speed. Suddenly, Levi pulls up next to me on his horse. "Hop on, you idiot! Why are you just standing there!?"

I hurriedly take his hand to hop on, and he cracks the rein to make his horse spur forward with its heels.

"You two! Stay in formation!" Erwin is ahead, stealing a glance back at us. "There's no telling when the other titans will appear, so don't break formation!"

"It's a 12-meter class and it's coming this way, sir!" a female soldier of the Survey Corps shouted from beside and we heard another one screeching at the top of his lungs.

"Another one appeared!" he informs us. "A 15-meter class on our right!"

"We'll distract it!" Mike signals us to split for now and Erwin follows with the plan.

"Lead it to the forest!"

The formation starts to split apart and Mike along with a few soldiers leads the 15-meter titan into the nearest forest. This is too risky, and what will they do next?

"Erwin, are you really going to let them go that easily?" Levi didn't seem to like this plan they came up with at the last second.

"Do not worry. Mike may be reckless, but he's not stupid. We have no choice but to kill them since we're too close and escaping would be impossible at this point!" Erwin explains to Levi and now Levi is silent.

"If you need me to kill the titans, why didn't you say so sooner?"

"Levi?" I blinked at him when he abruptly pulled on the rein to turn the horse around, and this time, we were charging at the titans.

"Levi!" I scream at the top of my lungs in great fear. "Are you trying to get us killed!?"

Levi ignores me as he switches to his gear and entrusts the rein to my care. He then stands on his horse. "You stay here! Keep charging at the titan in front of us!"

"Levi! You can't handle that titan alone!"

"I can handle anything!" Without another word, Levi jumps off the horse to pump up his gas tanks, which sends him flying in the air at such speed. At any rate, he'll get eaten if he's careless.

"Soldiers! Transfer to 3DMG and assist Levi!" Erwin orders his men to fight alongside Levi and now, the titan is close to snatching him in the air. Levi boosts up his gas tanks once more to go higher in the air to dodge the titan's attack, then he grapples into each of its eyes perfectly. As I am getting closer to the titan that Levi is fighting against, he leaps over its head to finish it off by slicing its nape.

He did it... he just slaughtered a titan within seconds!

"SINA!"

I hear Levi calling out my name, but right when I turn my head, a titan jumps in the air to slide across the ground to attack me. I let out a scream as I fell off the horse, but unfortunately, the titan in front of me caught my fall with its gigantic, meaty hand.

"ARGH!" I cried at the excruciating pain as the titan squeezed me, nearly crushing my insides. As I was being crushed, the titan started opening its wide mouth with countless teeth.

Their jaws... they are designed for devouring humans.

So this is death in front of my eyes.

The titan lifts me to its face, opening its mouth wide enough for me to fit inside. But, I don't want to die a meaningless death. Levi wouldn't be able to make it since his gas tanks are too low on gas. This is a chance for me to prove that I can defend myself.