18

I didn't think this day would come in a flash, but now it's a reality. The elites of the Survey Corps were, once again, preparing to set foot in the Titan's territory.

In Trost District, a total of sixty scouts including myself face the gate which will lead us to the fallen Wall Maria. And the titans are now looking forward to their next meal.

"Gate opens in one minute!" Erwin announced, alerting his fellow soldiers to prepare ahead of time. On our horses, the scouts' eyes were filled with fear and possibly regret. "My soldiers, you are about to face the cruelty of this world! Give out your heart to humanity!"

"Come on! I want to see the titans already!" Hange whined, swinging her legs on her horse like an impatient child. It is evident that she has a weird passion for titans...

"Shut the hell up, would you?" Levi hissed in annoyance.

"Levi, make sure she doesn't cause any trouble." Erwin commands, which causes Levi to glare at him.

"Do you want me to slaughter titans or babysit that titan-obsessed crackhead?"

"A CRACKHEAD!?" Hange shouted in the distance, offended by his insult just now.

"I'll gladly feed you to the titans if you don't shut your damn mouth." he threatened, which finally shut her up. It's almost like he's babysitting a titan that is Hange. "Tch. Such a fucking pain in the ass..."

"That is why I want her under your care," Erwin explained, then I flinched when he gazed over at me. "Sina, stay close to us."

"Yes, sir." I nodded, then heard Levi cursing under his breath.

Even though Erwin became one of the few people Levi places full trust in, he obeys every command and judgment of his. However, this did not stop him from speaking in the rude manner around him. Despite his obedience to Erwin, Levi would much rather operate independently and does not see himself as a leader in the same way he does.

I just now realized... I haven't seen Mike in quite a while. Maybe he is also awfully busy fighting off titans elsewhere. His strength is impossible to forget, but he is nothing compared to Levi. I believe his strength is as strong as all of us combined, so I am less worried about this expedition.

Stealing a glance from behind, I see Levi's new squad on their horses as well. I wonder how they feel right now. Of course, Viktor has been waiting for this dreadful moment.

The bell makes a loud clamor, ringing and reverberating.

"We will now begin our first expedition within the walls!" Erwin shouted as the gate gradually rose. "ADVANCE!"

We are now permitted to depart.

Mounting on our horses, we advance through the gate, leaving Trost District and entering Wall Maria. Everyone is already feeling great distress, and the city already looks deadly.

There are no titans in sight, but I can smell blood in the air. The titans can show up any minute now.

"Stay in formation! We will be reaching the military headquarters!" Erwin warned us to stick together for now and we continued to move forward.

My heart jumped when shots were fired. Another military branch called the Garrisons began to shoot off their cannons from the walls, but they were not trying to hit anyone. They merely loaded and fired, and the cannonballs flew over our heads.

"A titan!" Hange squealed in excitement and we all charged forward. My eyes followed to find a titan running towards us and my anxiety was burning my soul. The titan runs as if boulders were raining on the earth and a few more appear in front of us. Erwin finally gives a signal by firing a flare gun. "Attack squad, clear the area!"