10

One year later...
Year 845

"ATTENTION, RECRUITS!"

"I AM KEITH SHADIS, AND I HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO BE ASSIGNED TO TRAIN YOU WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT!"

We fresh soldiers, including myself, were enrolled as members of the training corps. The madman who stands before us is Keith Shadis, our head instructor who will scream until your ears bleed. His eyes were bulging out, filled with anger and possibly sorrow, meaning the outside world had a huge impact on him.

We are now comrades of the trainee corps.

"I'M NOT HERE TO WELCOME YOU ALL!" Keith continued screaming. "SINCE YOU ALL SIGNED UP TO GET EATEN BY A TITAN, I HOPE YOU SAID YOUR LAST WORDS TO YOUR FAMILY, BECAUSE STARTING TODAY, YOU SHITHEADS ARE NOW TITAN FOOD!"

Everyone swallowed a lump down their throats.

"BUT FEAR NOT! IN THREE YEARS, I WILL TURN YOU, UNFORTUNATE BASTARDS, INTO KILLING MACHINES!" his voice boomed across the training ground. "ONE DAY, YOUR SORRY ASSES WILL STAND BEFORE A TITAN, BUT WHAT PATH WILL YOU TAKE!? WILL YOU BECOME TITAN FOOD!? WILL YOU WORK IN THE INNER WALL TO WIPE THE KING'S ASS? OR PERHAPS, BECOME A HERO WHO RELENTLESSLY SLAYS TITANS LIKE A BADASS!? CHOOSE YOUR FATE!"

I have already decided my fate. My purpose in joining the military is to prove I am not a titan, but also, I also need to find Levi, Farlan, and Isabel. I wonder if they're still around in the Survey Corps, or are they alive at this point?

Please be alive...

When Levi told me to survive, I took his word as a promise.

"I'LL START WITH YOU! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" Keith stands before a tall gentleman on the far left side of the line.

The young man with brown, silky hair flashed a cocky smile, then placed his right fist over his heart and the other behind his back to salute.

"Viktor Kraus from Shiganshina District, sir!" he introduced himself, still smiling and the instructor was disgusted by that look on his face.

"AND WHY ARE YOU HERE, VIKTOR!?"

"To protect the weak and join the Survey Corps!"

"HOW ADORABLE, VIKTOR!" Keith forced a laugh. "SO FAR, YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST BALLS OUT OF EVERYONE! I HOPE YOU DON'T PISS YOURSELF IN A TITAN'S MOUTH IF YOU DO JOIN THE SURVEY CORPS!"

"I will do my best, sir!" Viktor screamed louder this time, and Keith approved of his spirit.

The instructor turns to the next person in line next to Viktor and leans over the blondie's head. "NOW, YOU BLONDIE! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?"

"Abel Felix, from Shiganshina District, sir!" the blondie salutes to him, trying to compose himself.

"OH? SO YOU MUST KNOW VIKTOR, HUH?" Keith assumes.

"Yes, sir! We are childhood friends!"

"SO YOU MUST HAVE THE SAME DEATH WISH AS YOUR BOYFRIEND OVER THERE!?"

"I-I want to become a hero like you, sir!"

Keith was surprised, so he leaned towards his face. "OH? ARE YOU SAYING YOU WANT TO TAKE MY PLACE?"

"No, sir! I—!"

Everyone gasped inwardly when Keith grabbed onto his shoulders and raised a knee to his stomach, bringing Abel down to the ground to hug his belly in pain.

"KNOW YOUR FUCKING PLACE, ABEL! A FUCKING TWIG LIKE YOU WOULD BE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE! IF YOU CAN SURPASS ME, I WILL GLADLY RETIRE FROM THE MILITARY!"

Keith then walks over to a young lady with raven hair tied in a ponytail. She looked unfazed by the situation we're in right now.