5

I fell into a dreamless sleep until I woke up in an underground cell once again.

It brought back horrifying memories, but it didn't haunt me as much. After taking a man's life, I grew heartless. The only thing that scares me now is eating meat and I feel guilty about it. Just seeing a human in front of me makes me want to vomit.

I wish I had known his intentions from the beginning, but I was gullible back then. All the memories we made together are meaningless to me now. He never loved me. I was just his livestock.

Not knowing how many days had passed, my body slowly grew thinner in the sunless cell. The chains weighed down my arms and made my wrists ache, the blackened iron clanging noisily. My ears perked up when the door opened and the figure standing before me was an officer from the Military Police, who was surprised to see my current state.

"So you're still alive?"

I did not even bother speaking and breathing was all I could manage to do. Not only that, I was also starving and thirsting for water. The officer chuckled before kneeling to level his eyes with mine.

"What you did to your father, who was a talented doctor, was unforgivable. Since you are the titan's child, this is definitely an end for you."

I avoided making eye contact with him and spoke in a raspy voice. "What are you people going to do to me...?"

"Your punishment was made public, so we reserved a special exile for you," he smirked gruesomely. "You will not be publically sentenced, so in other words, you are going to be exiled beyond the walls."

My dream was to explore the outside world beyond the walls, but not like this. "I did nothing wrong..."

"That's what they all say. But where did they end up, you might be wondering?" he speaks the obvious, but I didn't want to hear from this annoying man anymore. "In the titans' belly."

"You people are crazy..." I hissed at him. "The Military Police only sits back just to watch people suffer and get eaten..."

Then, his palm flies across my face, leaving a burning sensation on my cheek and I fall to the ground on my back, almost drifting away in a haze.

I held my breath in fear when he raised his fist in the air, expecting this next blow to knock the life out of me, but he stopped. "Don't you ever talk trash about the Military Police with that filthy mouth of yours, you titan!"

I did not regret what I had just said and it only made him go batshit crazy, so he stormed out.

⚔︎

The sentence was carried out in secret before the break of dawn.

I was sent to a wagon with all the other men who were criminals themselves. The military tied us up with ropes around our wrists and a cloth to keep us from speaking.

The horse started moving and the wagon carrying us moved along with it. Knowing where the wagon will lead us, I realize that I will finally leave the walls to see these so-called titans. Even though I want to see one for myself... I do not want to get eaten by one, but I already know how it will all end with me. My purpose was to go beyond the walls to find a new meaning in life and possibly change the world if I could in any way possible. I even considered joining the Survey Corps, to see if I'm really one of those man-eating creatures.

These prisoners around me had already given up on life, but I felt determined.

We were starting to leave Wall Sina and before leaving the gate, I forced myself to jump off the horse wagon whilst tied up.