2

Five Years Later...

Year 829
Wall Sina

Five years have passed, but no one knows where the child is being held except for a group of human traffickers. A rumor spreads like a disease, saying that the child was born from a titan and was brought into the walls by the Survey Corps.

Humanity did not understand why the soldiers brought back a titan's child and feared that it would grow into a full-fledged titan, so instead of killing it, they chained up the child in an underground cell to protect humanity. Within those five years, the child living in the darkness grew older and knew nothing about the outside world.

The titan's child is now under the human traffickers' care and they plan on selling the child since it is a rare kind.

In the dark underground cell, footsteps from the entrance grew louder and louder until two figures stopped in front of the bars as their shadows overlapped the five-year-old's thin and fragile body. The child, being called a titan, was chained up from head to toe.

"So this is the one?" A mysterious middle-aged man in a black suit asked and the trafficker waved at him.

"Do not worry, doctor," he reassured him. "The titan's child will not attack you."

The doctor continues to observe through the bars and the child stares back at him with no expression. "Are you sure this is the child born from a titan?"

"Indeed! This is the child of the titans." he convinced the doctor. "You know... other than you, doctor, there were other merchants who wanted to buy the child of titans. Regardless of that, I had intended to let you have her all along."

"So you're telling me this titan's child is a girl? Interesting." The doctor didn't notice at first because of the long hair covering her face and chuckled as the bar door opened for him to step into the cell and they both locked eyes.

"Doctor, don't approach her so casually!" the trafficker shouted, but the doctor did not show any signs of fear. Expect... he was smiling in front of her and nobody had ever done that to her until now.

"Well, she is chained up after all. She'll be out in no time."

"So does that mean you'll buy her?"

"I need to make a quick observation first." The doctor then kneels... the smile never faded away. "What is your name?"

The girl is hesitant to speak, not only because of that, but her vocabulary also is limited, and knows very little. "N-Name?"

The doctor was surprised.

"So you can speak? Even though you're a titan?" he was starting to enjoy this conversation. "So tell me, are you a titan?"

"Of course she is! Everyone in Wall Sina knows that!" the trafficker wants him to believe it. "She's the real deal!"

"W-What is..." the girl stuttered, not knowing how to express her feelings through words. "...titan?"

The poor girl didn't know what was happening. She knew that if she didn't know anything about this man, then it was dangerous for her to even speak. This doctor has been looking for her this whole time, or in other words... he was looking for the titan's child.

"Titans eat humans, don't they?" the doctor himself asked. "Have you ever tasted one?"

"She hasn't eaten a single human yet, but I guarantee you that she will once she becomes a full-grown titan."

The doctor then rubs his chin, thinking of the possibilities within this child. "Hm, I wonder if titans can be eaten as well. Perhaps she'll get stronger if she ate one?"

"Don't speak nonsense, doctor." the trafficker scolded. "So, are you up for it?"

"It's already been decided. I will bring this titan's child to my place shortly." the doctor then holds out a hand for her after being released from the chains.

"It's no good inside a cage," he tells the girl. "From now on, I am your father, and you are my daughter."

Her entire life, the traffickers only watched over the titan's child just to torment her, but this doctor is saving her life. She made it this far by living off of scraps and everything else that she could find in the cell. And now, she is finally being saved.

Saved from this hell.

For the first time, she exits the cell with the doctor and holds his hand tightly, entrusting her life to him.

He then gave her a name.

"Your name will be Sina."