14

One Week Later...

I had yet to recover mentally from that day's tragic event in Shiganshina District and the outside. My life would be taken by now and I can move to the next life, but that didn't happen.

Lately, I've been locked up in a cell below the training camp and banned from training for who knows how long. All that time awake really took it out of me and I found myself asleep in seconds. The night passed in a breeze, leaving me staring at the ceiling the next morning.

To this day, I did not regret everything, because that was the day when I finally saw a titan before my own eyes. I even rescued a soldier with a shattered leg and discovered that Levi was alive, except for Farlan and Isabel.

My thoughts disappeared in an instant when a voice called out to me; the source was from behind the bars to find Keith Shadis standing there. As usual, I give him a straight face.

"I will accept any necessary disciplinary action next." I've been forced to clean the entire camp alone and work out until my body gave out. Even though I wasn't supposed to be involved in the expedition, I did it by my own free will.

"Now you understand why a trainee like you shouldn't leave the walls," Keith speaks in a calm, yet strict manner. "But, there won't be a reward for your efforts and there won't be any more disciplinary action given."

I furrowed my brows at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Suddenly, I hear echoing footsteps until I see a tall figure standing right next to Keith. I was met with blank stares, and as I looked closely, It was Commander Erwin.

How did he know I was here? And why is he here?

"Sina Vogel," Erwin was smiling down at me, a very warm and approachable smile. "I want to continue our conversation from the last time we met. Do you mind coming with me?"

I wonder what he wants to say to me this time, and it's most likely about me joining the Survey Corps. That is when my curiosity got the best of me. I politely accept, and Keith lets me out of the cell, which probably means I am no longer suspended. I follow Erwin outside, and the sun shines brightly above us, feeling the warmth embracing my exposed skin.

"I apologize for not reaching out to you sooner." Erwin suddenly feels bad. "There have been a lot of tragic events happening recently, and I was also busy tracking you down."

"I-It's okay." I waved at him shyly. "I know the Survey Corps is very busy..."

There was a thin wall of ice between us until we reached a wooden building.

"This way." Erwin opens the door for me and it is a building right next to the barracks on the training ground. It seems like we're heading to an office or something in particular, and when we finally reach the end of the hallway, he opens the door for me once more and I nod at his gesture before stepping inside.

Upon entering, my heart skipped a beat when Levi was sitting at the table in the center of the room. He was deliberately sipping a cup of tea until he saw my presence as I stood there.

He makes my heart flutter, so I cannot breathe without him and feel like I am going to die. Now, I can finally breathe when I'm with him, but my heart still aches from the last time we met. I can't necessarily say how I feel towards him. I felt like I was going to lose my mind because of this man.

I stiffened when his face was wiped clean from everything but boredom and Erwin led me to a chair in front of Levi. It was indeed awkward because I could feel him glaring down at me as he raised the teacup to his lips. With all of the regret in this shattered world, I flickered my brown orbs up at him again, taking in one last look at his emotionless but glorious face.