11

These cadets glared at the instructor with vile and repulsed stares gleaming in their dull eyes, already tired from their early morning training.

"ATTENTION, YOU TITAN FEEDS!" Instructor Keith shouts amid dawn. "YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO EQUIP AND USE THE 3D MANEUVER GEAR!"

After learning how to equip our gear, we went straight into balancing ourselves. Not many could get it on their first try, but I simply got the hang of it. In the next couple of days, we finally venture into the nearest woods to use our 3DMG. The woods are filled with titan dummies, and this is where the blades come in handy. Since Instructor Keith is testing our strengths and skills, he wants to reflect on how much we've improved from the start.

I can finally experience what it feels like to fly, being able to see the world in a bigger picture as I'm in the air. With my gear, I zip through the trees and my first target was spotted; a ten-meter titan.

Since their nape is the weak point, I make a deep cut across it and earn points from it. So far, depending on the scores, Zaiya is ranked first on the list, then Viktor. I'm placed in third, but it doesn't matter since I'm in the top ten at least. Abel, Viktor's friend, probably has the highest marks for intelligence.

"GOOD WORK TODAY, SOLDIERS!" Keith calls it a day and all cadets return to prepare dinner for everyone. On our way back, we saw multiple horse carriages and a group of military members was loading it.

"I wonder what the Survey Corps are doing here..." a girl whispered to someone next to me and my eyes widened in surprise.

Survey Corps? What are they doing here on the training ground?

"They're probably preparing for their next mission, so they're just packing up some things before they leave the walls." a male voice said behind me. From here, I can see the Survey Corps loading a bunch of weapons and food.

"They look so cool..." the others admired, but I remained silent.

I wonder if Levi's there... no that's impossible.

Then, an idea came to my head. In the cafeteria, we finally get to enjoy the meals we've cooked and as always, I sit at a table where no one can bother me to eat until someone slams a hand on my table.

"Yo, Alina!" It was Viktor and that damn smile... "Mind if I join you?"

I avoid making eye contact with him as I stare down at the vegetable stew in front of me, but I suddenly stand from my seat. "I just lost my appetite."

"Hey, leave her alone, Viktor!" Abel catches up to him and they both watch me leave the cafeteria without even bringing the stew with me.

"Welp, guess that's mine now." Those were the last words I heard from Viktor and I stormed out just to get some fresh air in the darkness.

I was the first person to return to the barracks, and a hot bath sounded really nice. In the bathroom across my room, I stripped myself of my clothes after a long day, throwing them messily all over the floor, and climbed into the tub, releasing the hot water to drum my aching back. I washed my face before plunging up the tub, filling it with steaming water, and soaking myself like a teabag, tilting my head back to let the water melt away my bloody past.

As I breathe, I still feel a teeny movement. I feel eerie, but sweet solitude comforts me as I take a nice, long bath.

Those carriages from earlier... it is possible that they're heading to Shiganshina District and leaving for their mission tomorrow morning.

I sink my head into the steaming water, thinking about what I should do with the plan that came across my mind earlier.

I can't wait for another three years. The quickest way to meet a titan is to leave this place for now. If I'm lucky, I might run into Levi, Farlan, and Isabel since they're in the Survey Corps!