49

Three Years Later
Year 854

Levi

Marley, the nation across the ocean discriminates us as we are the devils in their eyes. Ever since Eren disappeared, we received his letter and the scouts later arrived in Marley to assist him on the raid in Liberio. During the combat, the beast titan that I vow to take him down this time. I stand by as he calls me out and sneaks up to drop a grenade. I grapple out before the lethal blow, confident that the bastard is as good as dead.

As the Survey Corps retreats to the airship, I help Eren climb aboard just to hurl a kick into his face. Because of his insubordinate and selfish act against the Marley, I arrest him on behalf of the military authorities. While heading back to our island on the airship, a gunshot went off and Sasha was the one that got hit. Sasha was a ray of light in our lives, but seeing that light die out while being surrounded by her friends got to me. I just lost another great comrade. All of a sudden, the one thing that sickened me to the core was Eren laughing.

Once we return to the walls, Eren has made us the greatest threat against Marley. And the world is changing course because of him. My head hurts to think and my heart becomes frustrated by all of this. If there's a problem that I can't solve no matter how hard I try, the best thing for me to do as the captain is to let it all go. Those are my thoughts now.

I then discover Zeke is still alive and arrives in Paradis Island. We have a plan to deal with the Yeagerists, so I escort Zeke in a carriage along with the scouts. We arrive at a forest camp and during our stay, I learn about Darius Zackly's assassination. Dismayed by the news, my comrades also died for nothing to safeguard Eren.

Marley also provided us with wine for the trip, but I refused to drink on the job. When I turn around, I frown in confusion when Zeke sprints into the forest like a fucking lunatic. I reacted too late when he screamed at the top of his lungs. My heart thunders, recollecting the horrors of that scream. Assuming it was the wine, I helplessly watched my comrades transform into titans and fall out of the trees. As they swarm around me in midair, I close my eyes, wondering if they are conscious of what they are doing. The only option was to survive, so I was left with no other choice but to put them at rest. I come to my senses to hunt down Zeke with thunder spears.

Eventually, Zeke wakes up to find himself tied up in a cart. I attached a thunder spear into his stomach and even the slightest movement will detonate it. This was also a good opportunity for me to torture him. For all the unforgivable things he had done.

Zeke shares his plan on how to save the world. Doing so will save the children from the cruelty of this world, but as he explained further, I was ready to slice off his legs. Just hearing that reminded me of my daughter living inside the walls. How she is going by without me and Sina? My mind gets interrupted when Zeke cries out, tugging on the thunder spear. Unable to react in time, we get caught in the explosion and everything turns white.

As my body flies out of the cart, I have lost all senses and my ears ring. I have been swallowed by darkness.

⚔︎

Everything is white.

I wake up to a salty taste in my mouth and slowly open my eyes. Seemingly, I am lying in a bed of sand, feeling cushioned and protected by the warmth. My first thought was whether or not I was dead, but it turns out the white around me faded into a bright shade of blue.

My eyes squint at the light centered in the blue and it turns out to be the blazing sun. The warmth beaming down on my face was quite enjoyable. I have not felt this much solace before. A faint sound of seagulls adds to the ambiance as the mist of salty water splashes against my body. When I dig my fingers into the wet sand, I begin to think how I ended up here.