addiction

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

punz says goodbye to his friends as they all leave at the end of the school day. they always say bye like they won't see each other for weeks even though they'll be back at school the next day, not to mention the fact they'll all hop onto dream's minecraft server tonight and talk until they all leave for sleep.

they're quite a clingy group, come to think of it.

punz normally leaves with everyone else, occasionally trying to steal a lift on days he walks in and can't be bothered to walk back, but today he has to stay behind for a quick trip to the school library.

he is not a book lover in the slightest. he never reads for pleasure. unfortunately, he has a history project coming up and he knows he won't even scratch a pass without using at least one of the assigned school textbooks. lots of people bought their own copies but he wasn't going to waste his money when he could just borrow one.

punz doesn't think he's ever even been in the library before, so he feels absolutely lost as he steps into the huge space and glances at the rows and rows of books. he has no idea how to find what he's looking for and a quick glance towards the librarian's desk tells him that she isn't here to help - he just assumes that the librarian is a woman, since he's never met them.

the only person in the library is a brunette boy who's sitting at one of the round tables with one leg up on his chair and a book leaning against his knee. he looks deep in his book so punz does feel a little bad when he walks over and interrupts him with a simple, "excuse me?"

the other boy looks up with a questioning hum whilst simultaneously pressing his finger against the page, presumably to save his spot.

"sorry, do you know where the librarian is?" he asks, hopefully politely. punz isn't an anxious person, so he doesn't mind talking to strangers and asking for help, but he feels a little tense knowing that he's disrupting the other's reading.

"she goes home early on fridays," the other boy answers, eyes darting as he takes in punz's appearance. punz looks over the other too, trying to pinpoint if he's ever seen him before. their school is quite large so it wouldn't be shocking if he hadn't. "why?"

"oh, i just need to find a book," punz answers dismissively. he looks away, glancing over the multitude of bookshelves with a slight squint. there are numbers and colours everywhere but he has no idea what they mean.

"what is it? i could help you find it?" the other boy offers, and punz wants to decline since he's already disrupting the other, but he doesn't get a chance before the brunette slides a piece of scrap paper into his current page and moves to stand up.

"it's not a specific one, i just need something on american history," he answers. "it's for a project but i haven't chosen a subject yet so it doesn't matter what book i pick."

the other boy nods and turns towards the bookshelves. punz follows behind as he starts to move, allowing his eyes to scan over the unfamiliar brunette's back. he seems slightly taller than punz and he's conventionally attractive, so the blond is mildly surprised he never noticed him. "i'm punz, by the way."