driving home under the influence

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

sapnap leads karl out to the front of the house, thankful to see there is no one else out there to disturb them. he turns, watching as karl takes a few stumbling steps towards him. the movement makes something similar to anger stir in his gut. possibly frustration.

"you told me you ate," sapnap says, not willing to dance around the subject. he knows that karl is struggling, and that's okay, and he'd never hold that against his boyfriend, but he's not okay with karl lying to him. maybe on a normal day he could let it pass, but not when karl has starved himself, lied about it, and then gotten far too drunk. does he not know how unsafe that is?

karl rolls his eyes in response to sapnap's statement, and the ravenette feels immediately taken aback by the attitude. "that's what this is about?" he asks, scoffing slightly as he shakes his head, "it's not a big deal, sapnap."

"it's a big deal to me," sapnap counters, his hand moving instinctually to cover his heart, brows furrowed. "i know it's hard for you but how can i help if you lie to me?" he asks. sapnap can tell that his voice is coming about stern but he doesn't try to swallow it back. he needs karl to know this is important.

"you wouldn't get it," karl spits back. he looks away, glancing towards the road and pointedly ignoring sapnap's evident attempt to make eye contact. a car passes and sapnap watches karl's eyes track the movement.

"i know i don't understand but that still doesn't mean you can lie to me," sapnap retorts, voice growing defensive. karl doesn't understand sapnap's insomnia, but the ravenette is still honest and open about his problems and he thinks his efforts deserve to be reciprocated.

"i only lie because you treat me like a child otherwise!" karl quips, almost shouting now. the volume is creeping up quicker than sapnap thought it ever would, and he's just glad they're alone on the front lawn. "you're not my dad, sapnap."

"that's because i feel like i'm walking on eggshells around you, karl!" sapnap shouts back, throwing his hands up in frustration. the ravenette tells himself to calm down, step away and take a day or two to calm down and rationalise what he should do, but his emotions get the best of him. "i try so hard to be good and keep you happy but you just twist my words and make it out like i'm the bad guy!"

possibly an unnecessary comment, but sapnap hasn't been able to stop thinking about the argument they had before leaving his house and the alcohol isn't okay with him just letting it slide.

karl's eyes fall to a glare as he nods a few times. "well i'm sorry that you don't feel like you can be comfortable around me," he says, expression souring as he rolls his eyes. "i'm sorry i make you so uncomfortable, sapnap."

"this is exactly what i'm talking about, karl!" sapnap exclaims, fury burning up through him, hotter than the shots he downed not long before. "you're putting words in my mouth and i'm fucking done with it!"

"putting words in your mouth?!" karl repeats, stuttering in disbelief. he shakes his head, forcing a scoff. "you said you 'walk on eggshells' around me, what the fuck could that possibly mean besides being uncomfortable?"

"but you know that's not what i meant!" sapnap's throat aches slightly as his words rip through. "you know for a fucking fact i didn't mean it like that but you're just manipulating my words! it's like you do all of this shit for fun or something!"