fixable

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

karl stirs when the loud sound of sapnap's phone ringing cuts through their comfortable silence, and the ravenette has a suspicion that his boyfriend was dozing off as they cuddled.

he grabs his phone from the sheets, checking the caller id. "it's my dad," he says, not particularly wanting to answer but knowing life will just be harder if he doesn't.

karl hums, tired and distant, and mumbles, "i'll be quiet."

sapnap just nods, sighing to himself as he answers the call. he hates that karl has to be quiet but he knows it's necessary. "hey dad."

"hello sapnap, i was just calling to check in on you."

the ravenette rolls his eyes, entirely disinterested, as he snuggles up against karl's back again, spooning his boyfriend as some kind of comfort to distract himself from the maddening discomfort of communicating with his father. "i'm fine. you good?"

"yep, i'm good." the silence that follows is disgustingly awkward. it makes sapnap want to curl up and cringe and run away from everything all at once. "how's school?"

"yeah, it's good," sapnap answers, followed by another long break in conversation. thinking it would help both of them, sapnap says, "oh, dad, my dinner's ready. i've got to go."

"alright," the older man agrees so quickly that sapnap thinks he was probably looking for an excuse to leave too. "we'll have to call back and properly catch up another time."

"will do," he lies. "bye dad." the older man offers a similar response before sapnap quickly ends it, sighing against karl's back. sapnap is pleased that he managed to make the call last no more than a few minutes, but there's still a weird part of him that feels bad about lying, regardless of how much he dislikes his father.

with his excuse on the forefront of his mind, sapnap squeezes his arms tight around karl's waist and asks, "have you eaten yet?" they're having a sleepover, and karl has been here for hours now, but there's always a chance he ate before getting to sapnap's.

sapnap isn't surprised when the other shakes his head.

"alright, come on then," sapnap groans as he sits up, hauling karl to move with him. it earns him a sweet giggle from his boyfriend and he smiles along as he forces them both out of bed, his arms still around the other's waist. "let's make soup," he suggests, knowing that's a good, easy food for karl.

karl agrees and the pair of them make their way downstairs, laughing like idiots as they struggle to move with sapnap refusing to drop his grip around the other. honestly, the ravenette just wants to give karl something to laugh about so he's in a better mood for eating. generally, if he's happy, he doesn't struggle with food.

the couple pause as they pass the lounge, spotting sapnap's sister working out in the lounge, and he greets her with a chirpy, "'lyssa!"

she looks up from the plank she was holding and playfully curls her lip at their position. "you two are cringe," she says, not malicious.