now or never

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"okay, i'll tell pops," sapnap mumbles, very clearly disinterested.

karl honestly doesn't know why his dad keeps calling when they clearly both loath the short periods of communication. he thinks, one day, they'll cut off contact for real and it'll be much better for sapnap in the long run.

the older man is not a good influence on him, nor does he offer any positives to sapnap's life. in fact, sapnap seemed to enjoy the short conversation he just had with karl's sibling and adam more than the call he's on now, and they were talking about coping mechanisms for bad ed days.

adam and elix have been more than helpful. karl is in the process of being referred to a therapist, but that takes time and, for now, adam has practically stepped into the role. the brunette has been passing on things that he had learnt, and a lot of it is really useful.

now, they're outside dream's house, about to celebrate the blonde's birthday.

the blonde's parents forgot again, so george planned for everyone to come over and just hang out for the evening so dream didn't have time to dwell on the bad parts of his day.

sapnap has gotten caught up on the phone for the last few minutes though, so karl has just been waiting. he glances down at his phone when it buzzes in his palm to see he is receiving a call from george.

he gets out of the car to answer, knowing sapnap would just get shit if his dad heard the brunette's voice. "hello?"

"why are you guys just waiting outside?"

karl turns around to see bad and george watching him from the window. george isn't holding a phone to his ear, so he must be on speaker. "sap's on the phone," he answers, "his dad called."

almost right as he finishes talking, the car door opens and he turns back to see sapnap stepping out with a dramatic sigh and a too-much eye roll. "that man is draining with a capital d."

"george, ask." dream's voice just barely comes through the call.

"karl, is there any chance you could drive me to pick up the pizzas?" the brunette asks. karl doesn't know why he required prompting for such a simple question.

"sure," he answers. he puts his phone on speaker then, as sapnap rounds the car towards him, and fills the ravenette in by saying, "me and george are going to get pizzas."

"i'll head inside then," sapnap says. the call abruptly ends, but karl doesn't question it as he glances back at the window to see george no longer there. "don't be too long, me and dream will be stuck with two new couples."

"you can come with if you want," karl offers, pocketing his phone.

"nah, i'll leave you two to chat," the ravenette smiles. he leans in to meet karl for a kiss, pulling away when the house door opens. "see you in a bit."

"love you lots, bye," karl smiles as sapnap backs away and george walks over. "ready?"

"as i'll ever be."