omniscient

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"you know," dream starts, his words soft as cotton in the whispered space between them, " i think i'm actually obsessed with you. like, i don't know if i could live without you," he confesses, brushing a dark flick of hair off of his boyfriend's forehead.

george's eyes flutter gently shut as he hums, leaning into dream's hand. "me too," he mumbles, sleepiness still riddling his tone in the dead of morning.

dream loves this: waking up with george and experiencing the gentle softness that his boyfriend inhabits at this time. george always steels up around other people, so dream has to take advantage of the version of george that only he gets to see.

even after he drags george out of their warm bed and forces him downstairs for cereal, the brit continues to have an openness to him that usually diminishes around others.

he is more himself with only dream to perceive him.

"well this is why we'll be the best dads ever," george explains through a mouthful of coco pops, which isn't attractive but dream still watches with fondness blossoming in his heart. "because we know all the things not to do."

"i feel like we didn't need the experience to know not to neglect our future kids," dream says with a light-hearted scoff before scooping his final spoonful of cereal into his mouth. he pushes the bowl to george once he's finished, knowing the brunette will want to drink the chocolatey milk.

george shakes his head slightly as he swallows his final spoonful. "i'm not neglected," he argues. he pours dream's milk into his before tipping the bowl up to drink both servings. george looks up over the bowl and dream raises his brow, disagreeing without words. when george finishes his drinking he sets down the bowl and says, "well, not like you are."

"it's really not that different," dream counters, getting up to collect their dirty dishes and cutlery, "if you ignore how well they treat your sister then you'll realise they treat you like my parents treat me. you just see them as better than they are 'cause they're good to hannah."

george hums, fishing his phone out of his pocket- this usually means he's ending the conversation, though dream can't blame him since the blond has also struggled to understand and internalise the fact that he was experiencing neglect.

it's harder to notice it's happening to you than something more direct like physical or verbal abuse. the boundaries are just so flaky and undefined when it comes to neglect.

still, dream has done enough reading up on the topic to know george fits into the 'rules'. though, dream thinks the fact that his parents don't even know where he spends his days and nights should be a big enough sign. he could be locked up in some crack den every day and they've never made the effort to ask.

"it doesn't really matter though 'cause i've got you," george comments quietly, and dream looks over to see the brunette pulling on his school bag, ready to leave.

he smiles softly at the low-spoken words, feeling endlessly fond of the brunette boy. for purely selfish reasons, just wanting to hear more nice things before the company of their friends makes george all silly, he asks, "and how does being with me make you feel?"