feeding

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

this is karl's second day in hospital, excluding the night he arrived quite literally kicking and screaming.

he doesn't remember most of that night, so he likes to say it doesn't count. deep down he knows that the extremity of his mental breakdown has caused the memory block, but he likes to make jokes in his head and to sapnap about how he was actually super high on antidepressants and sleeping pills.

one thing he can't joke about is the fact that his mom will be showing up any minute now and he has a suspicion that she's going to bring elix and adam.

she was here all day yesterday, babying him over nothing, but she left to travel home for sleep and promised to be back after work today.

sapnap had been in and out too, also being very soft and caring, though he doesn't mind it as much from the ravenette. it feels nice when the love comes from him.

really, everyone needs to calm down a whole bunch.

sure, he was hospitalised for a suicide attempt, but he was basically fine. they pumped his stomach upon arrival 'just in case' and there have been no issues since then.

the only reason they haven't let him leave yet is because he's underweight and refusing to eat, so they've hooked him up to a feeding tube since he's 'malnourished'. that, in particular, was the factor that had his mom most stressed.

he understands why it may be stressful but it would help if everyone actually listened to him for once. he has tried to explain to everyone that the only reason he isn't eating is because the hospital environment is stressing him out and he struggles to eat when he's emotional, but they've paid him no mind. even when he promised that he planned to eat after leaving.

he's told them that he eats normally on some days, but other days his depression just makes it hard, but they won't listen.

instead, they keep throwing around words like disorder and anorexia nervosa and so on and so forth. even if it may be true, karl doesn't want to hear it, and he thinks his mom and boyfriend probably don't want to hear that either, so he doesn't understand the positives in them constantly droning on about it.

he hates the feeding tube. it makes him feel like he's dying and incapable and it's embarrassing. having people check on him is embarrassing. not being able to eat on his own is embarrassing. being incapable is embarrassing.

the way sapnap eyes the feeding tube with hurt in his features is heartbreaking.

the way sapnap woke up after staying the night with karl and only getting an hour of sleep, panting and anxious because he had a nightmare that he refused to share the details of, was heartbreaking.

the conversation they'd had about their argument, going over it and apologising, was heartbreaking.

karl doesn't know which he loathes more: the pain or the embarrassment.

karl hates that sapnap feels forced to stay with him, sitting by his side and helping him through the rough period, but he also hates the periods of time when sapnap leaves: whether that is to go buy himself food or if he's driving back to karl's to pick stuff up that will make the experience easier (like his favourite blanket or phone charger).

happier than everजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें