normal people things

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"hello charlie!" puffy, the younger boy's one-on-one, greets him at the school door, taking his hand so he doesn't run off or anything. "and hello bad! who's this?"

bad glances over at skeppy right as the ravenette looks back at him.

they've been hanging out a lot outside of school, to the point where this week's morning routine seemed natural to involve skeppy as the ravenette joined them on the walk-in.

skeppy keeps saying things and complimenting bad more each day, but the brunette doesn't really know why, or if it even means anything at all. maybe he's just trying to make up for the time he spent on the wrong side of bad's happiness.

"i know bad from school," skeppy ends up answering when bad just stands there, and puffy nods understandingly.

bad was never 'high needs' enough to have a one-on-one, but he used to spend a lot of time in the school's special needs unit when he used to go here, and puffy was always his favourite of the staff.

"well you two have a good day, and don't be late!" she says, and bad says his goodbyes to both her and charlie before he and skeppy leave. his brother cries over his exit, but that is a daily problem that they have had to adapt to. the younger boy just doesn't like the transition between who is helping him.

bad and skeppy leave out to the main road and turn towards their school, walking side by side.

skeppy told puffy that they were acquainted through school, and that's it. bad had thought they were getting along really well but maybe he had been wrong all of this time. it wouldn't be the first time he misunderstood another's feelings, and it certainly won't be the last.

"are we friends?" he ends up asking after a long period of silence, needing a clear answer so that his brain could stop nitpicking and just settle on a simple truth. trying to read into situations is too complex.

"well yeah, of course," skeppy nods. "i only said that because i don't even know if you're gay."

bad doesn't understand the correlation. still, he says, "i'm not gay," because he suspects that maybe skeppy brought it up just because he wanted to know. it doesn't make sense to him, but whatever.

"oh, right," skeppy nods once before looking ahead and seeming to focus on walking.

"i just don't see the point in labels," bad admits as they continue walking, and skeppy's attention whips back over to him. "like, can't i just like whoever i like and not have to explain it? labels just-" he waves his hands, "they confuse me."

"oh right. so do you not want us to have a label either? is that what you mean?" skeppy asks.

bad stops walking, furrowing his brows at the other. "what do you mean?" he asks. did they not just settle on the label of friends?