mess-up

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"okay, i'm gonna go pee," punz announces, getting up with a stretch before pulling down the hem of his shirt from where it had risen with the movement. he seems a little wobbly already which amuses sapnap, since the blond has only had a few pre-drink shots.

punz makes his way out of the room, leaving sapnap and karl alone, and the ravenette checks the time on his phone. "we should probably leave now," he comments, getting up from where he was lying in the bed. karl glances up from the desk chair across the room, then looks down again as he presumably checks the time himself.

"alright, hold on," karl replies, getting up and heading over to his pile of stuff, "let me just change my shirt."

sapnap nods, sitting back and watching as karl pulls off his hoodie. the brunette has replaced the white bandages that had been tied up his arms and now wears skin-tone wrist sleeves. they cover most of his cuts, especially the recent ones, which is good, but he has a few scattered scars that creep up from under the bandage sleeves and reach his upper arms.

he watches as karl grabs a baby blue shirt out of his bag and pulls it on over his bare torso before making his way up the buttons of his shirt. "do you want to borrow one of my hoodies?" sapnap offers, because the thought of karl dressed in his clothes at the party makes him feel all good and grounded on the inside.

karl glances back with furrowed brows, seeming to pass the idea over in his mind. "won't i be hot?" he asks, turning to face sapnap as he finishes the last button and drops his hands to his side.

"i mean, you might," sapnap shrugs, standing up from his bed, "if you are we can always just go sit outside for a bit though. i just didn't think you'd want your arms out."

karl looks down at his arms, and sapnap watches as his gaze flicks over the rows of cuts before sad eyes meet sapnap's once more. "you said i should be proud of them," he says, sounding quiet and put-aside by sapnap's suggestion.

the ravenette feels his heart drop in his stomach at the sight of karl's sadness, knowing he had been gravely misunderstood. "of course you should be proud of them," he rushes out, moving over to the brunette. he reaches out to hold him but karl steps back. "i didn't mean you should cover them, i just thought it would make you more comfortable because i know you're insecure."

"yeah, okay," the brunette sighs, his arms crossing over his stomach as if he's trying to make himself small. like he wants to hide away. "can i have a hoodie then?"

"karl, i didn't-"

"sapnap, you're wasting time we don't have," karl interrupts, turning away from the ravenette to grab his phone from the desk. he stays turned away from sapnap, opening his phone clearly just for something to do with his hands.

sapnap doesn't know if karl is meaning to make him feel bad but, intentional or not, it's working. his entire heart and soul feel like they're ripping themselves apart over the thought of upsetting karl.

"karl, you've misunderstood what i was trying to say," sapnap tries to tell his boyfriend, moving over to him again and feeling like he's begun to bleed out as karl steps away once more without even looking at him.