i'm so sorry

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"sapnap, please help me."

the ravenette sits up, immediately on alert. his eyes go wide in sudden worry and any previous resentment he had been harbouring dissipated at the scared shake in his lover's quiet tone.

"karl," he starts, because it feels necessary, "what's wrong?"

sapnap brings his second hand to help his first in cradling the phone against his ear as they begin to shake. silence follows his question.

"karl, baby what's going on?" he questions. his eyes flick to punz, who is staring back with furrowed brows, his head tilted ever so slightly. "karl?"

"please," the other boy whispers, crying out quietly. "sap-" he gasps for a breath, audible even through the call.

"what's happening, karl, you're scaring me?" by the way that punz sits up, looking like he wants to ask but not daring to, sapnap thinks that he is scared too.

he weak sob slips past the brunette's lips, followed by his voice whispering, "help me."

"i will," sapnap promises. he wonders distantly if punz can hear karl through the phone because of how quiet the room is, but then the blond looks even more lost than he is so he supposes not. "i promise i will help if you tell me what's wrong. let me help you."

"i'm at home."

sapnap doesn't know what to make of that at first, but he feels some kind of relief wash over him, despite the fact his body continues to shake in fear. at the very least, karl is somewhere safe. "are you with anyone? is anyone else at the house?" sapnap asks, feeling his breathing pick up every second it takes for karl to not reply.

"sapnap, promise me you won't freak out," karl whimpers. he sounds like he's in pain and it's terrifying.

the ravenette holds his breath, trying to hide how ragged it had become so he sounds more honest when he says, "of course, baby. i won't freak out."

a sob rips through the call, loud and hurt, and the dam breaks down as karl chokes out his next words. "sapnap, i think i'm trying to kill myself."

sapnap starts to kick the blanket off of his legs immediately, noticing the slur in his lover's voice and trying to work out if it was worse than it had been at the party. "what do you mean?" sapnap asks, getting up out of bed. punz moves to follow after him, confusion evident.

"i'm going to kill myself, sapnap," the brunette quietly cries out. he hiccups and the noise sends sapnap into panic mode for some reason, grabbing his keys and making a dash to leave the house even without details. punz follows, obviously. "oh my god, i'm going to kill myself," the brunette chokes on a breath. "i don't want to die."

"fuck," sapnap curses, feeling nothing but sheer panic bursting through him. "please stop whatever you're doing, okay? i'm coming now, karl," he rushes. punz follows him down the stairs to the front door, watching from the stairs as sapnap struggles to pull on his shoes. "you're at home, right? yeah, you already said that, didn't you? fuck. shit. karl, i'm coming."