minecraft beds

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"i have a boyfriend."

his dad's expression parts slightly in surprise, his eyes widening and lips falling apart. "you never told me you're gay," he simply replies, eyes scanning the blonde's figure as if he will suddenly look different now.

if punz was spiteful, he might say it's because this is the first time he's seen his dad fully sober in months, and he was scared of how the other would react in such a state. he would never say such a thing to his father, though. "i'm bi, actually."

the older man nods from where he is sitting in the armchair across the lounge. he hums. "how does he make you feel?"

"happier than i've ever felt before," punz answers honestly, not able to think of a single time he's felt so special and appreciated. he's winning for the first time in his life, and he's not going to let go of that feeling any time soon.

his dad nods, smiling almost apologetically. "i'm very happy for you."

punz smiles and feels his body instinctually relaxing. he didn't realise how anxious he had actually been for that until it was over. "thank you," he says. "it's foolish, by the way," punz adds, just because his dad had met him briefly a few days before. the older man was drunk, but not so far gone to forget things.

the older man nods as he gets up out of his chair and makes his way over to the window. "he seemed nice."

"he is," punz confirms. he watches as the older man peers out the glass. "okay your turn," he prompts, "you said you had news too."

"your boyfriend is here," his dad says, gesturing vaguely and very clearly trying to change the subject.

punz isn't having it. "tell me your news," he insists, even though it seems to be putting the older man on edge. punz came down today to find his dad sober for the first time in god knows how long, with his hair washed and wearing clean clothes saying he had good news. there's no way the blond would pass up on this opportunity, whatever it is.

he sighs, turning back, and returns to his armchair. "don't make a big deal out of it."

"i won't," punz promises.

the older man glances over at the window before finally confessing, "i've joined aa."

punz can't stop himself from smiling, but he manages to swallow back his cheer of glee, if only because he promised not to make a big deal. still, he crosses the room and leans over to pull his old man into a hug - the first in longer than he can remember. "i'm proud of you."

"yeah, yeah," he laughs, tapping punz's back with an awkward laugh. "now go, or you'll be late to school. if i'm gonna fix up my life, then i expected you to be perfect too," he jokes.

punz laughs as he pulls away, saluting as he secures his bag on his back. "yes sir. i'll see you later."

"bye, kid," the older man smiles, and punz wants to cry out at the nickname from his past, but he manages to hold back as he offers his dad one last wave before leaving the house.