floral shirts

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

bad feels ridiculously overwhelmed at the party.

he's not usually particularly bothered by his senses and, if he is, he is usually able to ground himself and ignore whatever it is that is getting at his mind, but that feels impossible when everything is bothering him.

the lights are all dimmed, and dream has put some stupid light video on the lounge tv that makes the whole room feel as though it's flashing. the blond has also hooked up surround sound speakers that most likely belong to his father, and he's been blasting fast-paced trash for the entire period since bad arrived, and probably before. that doesn't even begin to mention how aggravating it is that everyone keeps walking into him.

it's not even like the house is jam-packed with students, it's just that everyone is stumbling around because of alcohol and a general lack of respect for others, so bad feels like every few steps leaves someone brushing against him.

really, the route of bad's issue is that he has never been to a party before and he made the godawful decision to where a floral button-up shirt. he thought it was nice, and his mom said he looked handsome, and he thought it was the right level of formal-casual for a house party, like he had always seen in the movies.

he had been completely and utterly wrong and he hates himself for it. everyone else is wearing normal clothes: sweaters and hoodies and t-shirts. he sticks out like a sore thumb and he wants to collapse in on himself, feeling like he is living up to every ableist stereotype that the people at his school already see him as.

he looks stupid, and he currently loathes his mother for ever lying and saying he looked nice. bad doesn't think he has ever felt this insecure in his life, and that is honestly why all of his senses feel so heightened.

a huge part of him desperately just wants to leave and go home but his mom was so excited and proud over the idea of him going to a party so it feels mean to return home so soon. not to mention how excited his minecraft friends had been when he said he would come.

as bad glances into the kitchen, looking for a friend of his, or even just someone he knows, he grimaces at the distant sight of alcohol. he will be staying far away from that poison. looking around for a moment longer, bad's gaze catches on the figures of one of the boys who bully him.

he feels his breath shallow as he quickly steps back away from the kitchen, crossing over to the lounge. the boy hadn't seen him, but just knowing he was there made him feel anxious.

surely they wouldn't push bad about in front of all these people, right? no one is evil enough to humiliate an innocent person in such a way, surely. bad already feels embarrassed enough just existing.

bad manages to steal a spot on the couch that has been pushed to the corner of the lounge (not that it's hard to sit down, since no one else is). he sits right in the corner, where he thinks the least amount of people will see him, and he waits.

he doesn't know what he's waiting for, but he waits nonetheless. maybe he's just waiting for enough time to drip by for it to be an acceptable time to leave.