Introduction

"Of course, everyone in the school knows about Hanako the Bathroom Ghost. She grants you a wish, for a price. To summon her, knock three times on the last stall in the girl's bathroom upstairs," said a student just outside her classroom door.

"But what about the other ghost? I thought I heard a story about another ghost a few years ago. I think it was called 'the hesitation ghost' or something like that." A boy dropped a candy wrapper on the floor as he said this.

"I've never heard a story about another bathroom ghost. You must be crazy, four-eyes!" The girl laughed and took the boy's thin, wire-framed glasses, running into the classroom. 

The boy chased after her, nearly slamming into the tall, gangly teacher on the way into the classroom.

"Mr. Tsuichigomori! Sakura took my glasses again!" Said a young Natsuhiko.

"Miss Sakura, please return Natsuhiko's glasses, he requires those to learn."

"He requires a brain to learn, but he doesn't have one of those either." She sarcastically said, handing back his glasses. 

Though this seems to be a common exchange between the two of them, Natsuhiko seeming a bit dumb and Sakura being a sarcastic teenage girl, today Natsuhiko was right about something. 

There was a second ghost.  Lesser known, and without a name other than their own, Y/N listened in on their conversation from the bathroom just across the hall. 

"Hanako, what do you think about that? The boy gave me a nickname. The Hesitation Ghost? Silly, if you ask me."

"Maybe. I think your name suits you better than any other nickname the students could give you," said the boy in the old, dark school uniform. 

Y/N blushed a bit. "You think?"

"Think? I don't think I can do that," Hanako said, laughing, "But yes, I don't think any nickname could compare to your real name Y/N. I quite like it."

Hanako didn't know about Y/N's feelings for him, but every word he said made Y/N think that maybe he knew more than he let on. They knew otherwise, but still, it was strange to hear him talk that way.

Then, there was a knock. Then another. A pause... Y/N thought maybe they could meet a new person. Alas, the third knock came and Hanako evaporated and reappeared outside. 

Maybe another day Y/N could finally do their job.

They simply ignored the conversation between Hanako and whoever was outside.

(So this was kind of a weird intro chapter because it was in 3rd person POV but I promise the rest of this will be in 1st person. Also this was just an introduction and doesn't really have much to do with the plot but just serves as an introduction for your character. I made a younger Natsuhiko have glasses because why not, and I think that it's a little sweet. Anyway Y/N basically functions as a ghost who only appears if the person summoning chickens out, summoning Y/N instead of Hanako. Y/N will -in theory- punish them, but they're too nice for that so the person just gets a ghost friend instead.)