Mitsuba's Memories

(ok i think this is going to be the last chapter related to the mitsukou side story so i'll be sure to make it good)

~Mitsuba's POV~

I went to bed that night very confused. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but it had to be something related to my past. I slept, even if I didn't technically need to.

~The next morning~

I shot awake. I remembered a lot of things. The specifics were still fuzzy, but I remembered my life. I remembered Kou.

"I have to see him!" I shouted to no one in particular, jumping up and running as fast as I could to find Kou.

I found him in the kitchen, making donuts with Yashiro and Y/N. 

"Kou!"

"Mitsuba? Did the stuff I give you work?" He looked a bit panicked, glancing to Y/N, who was grinning a bit. 

"Yeah! I remember now. I'm... I'm really sorry that I ever forgot." I shuffled my feet a bit. 

"Hold on, I really want to give you a hug but I'm covered in flour," He laughed and hustled over to the sink. He quickly rinsed all the flour from his arms and picked it from under his fingernails. 

"There. Can I hug you now?" He said.

I nodded, "Yes please."

And he rushed over, giving me a tight hug. I laughed, hugging him back as tightly as I could manage. We stood that way for a while, but it only felt like a second before he let go. He ran his hands down my shoulders, down until he was holding mine. Our fingers interlocked, fitting perfectly into one another's. 

"I saw your pictures that you took. Before you lost your memory." Kou held up a picture of himself that I took. I nearly passed out right there.

"Um... you weren't supposed to see that." I ran my fingers through my hair nervously.

"I... I actually really like it. I remember what you told me when you took it. Something that's important to you, right?"

"...Yeah."

"You know.. you're really important to me too. I know now that it's why I got so upset that you didn't remember me. You're too important to me, I can't stand the thought of losing you."

Y/N grinned even wider behind him, and Kou shuffled his feet around a bit, looking down at his shoes.

"Actually, Mitsuba... I think I'm in love with you. No- I know I'm in love with you."

I looked at him, and he was looking at me. I sighed, relieved.

"Kou, I'm so glad you said it. I've... felt the same way. I just... didn't really know how to tell you. Kou, I love you too. Can I kiss you right now?"

He nodded, and I pulled him closer to me, closing my eyes. His warm lips on mine were everything I had ever needed or wanted, they were everything I had imagined and so much more. It was soft, warm, and needing, like he had waited for this moment for a long time. 

~Kou's POV~

I pulled him as close to me as I could. It felt good to finally tell him how I felt, and to know he felt the same. It felt good to have him close to me. I finally let go of him when I couldn't breathe. 

Y/N cheered behind me, and I nearly turned around and smacked them. I didn't only because I felt like cheering as well. 

"So... do you want to go out with me? As boyfriends?" I asked him.

He laughed breathlessly, "I really, really do."

I kissed him again and again, then realized that Yashiro and Y/N were still behind us. 

"Let's get away from these freaks," I joked, before taking his hand and leaving the room.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

~Your POV~

"So I guess we have to make donuts by ourselves now, Yashiro?" 

She threw a fistful of flour at me, for some reason.

(I felt like i was writing some angsty smut this whole chapter but I really liked writing it so i think this is the closest to smut you guys are going to get lmfao but seriously i really liked writing this chapter so i hope you guys liked it too)