Wandering Storms

~Your POV, a few days later~

I wandered randomly about the school, listening to recent rumors the students were spreading.

"Did you hear about the fight in the courtyard?" One girl said.

"Yeah, did you see her yesterday? She looked like a total wreck! I heard her boyfriend broke up with her," said the one next to her in the hallway, pointing at a girl with brightly dyed hair.

I heard a boy's voice. "Have you seen the kitten wandering in the school lately? I wonder where it came from."

I tuned into his conversation instead, smiling. His friend, a short, stubby girl smiled as well. "Yeah, it's really cute! It's probably a stray."

"Or maybe it's connected to one of the school wonders! All kinds of crazy things happen here, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow related to that." the boy waved his hands in the air, gesturing wildly and seemingly grasping at straws. 

He was grasping at the right straws, though. This new kitten certainly was connected to the wonders, or at least, Hanako and I. It was our kitten, Storm.

As if on cue, the spiky ball of cuteness wandered over to me, and I smoothed down her ruffled fur. 

"Storm, you look like you've been struck by lightning! I guess we named you just right then, huh?" 

I laughed to myself, and Storm wandered over to where Hanako was sitting, across the courtyard. Hanako bent down and picked up Storm, holding her in his arms. I watched him stroke Storm's fur, making sure it stayed down nicely. He was so kind to her, and I almost couldn't help but think of him as her father figure. 

I smiled, and got up to make my way over to him. 

"Oh, hey Y/N," he glanced up at me, smiling.

"Hey. Looks like Storm is settling in nicely." I sat down next to him, "She might like you more than she does me, actually." 

He laughed. "Maybe."

Storm mewed softly, as if in agreement. I looked down at the ball of fluff snuggling nicely in Hanako's arms. She yawned silently, then closed her big yellow eyes to take a nap. 

Maybe Storm believed Hanako was her father too. 

(sorry for the short update i just dont wanna abandon this and im a little out of ideas :( also i have an english essay i should be working on but whateverrr)