6 Months (Part 2)

~Your POV~

Before I knew it, it was nearly time for dinner and my anxiety was high. I wanted everything to be perfect, and I wanted Hanako to love it just as much as I loved his gift. 

Mitsuba walked into the room, dressed in a pastel pink suit. 

"Mitsuba... what are you wearing?" I asked.

"Oh, just my newest investment. I'm going to be your server for the night, so if you would, please follow me." He laughed, dipping into a bow, then gesturing out the doorway.

"You don't have to do this much... you know that right?" I whispered to him as we walked out the door.

"I know. But you said you wanted it to be really special, right? I'm going the extra mile to make sure that happens."

"Thanks Mitsuba. You're a great friend, y'know?"

"I know." He laughed, before opening the cafeteria doors. 

All the tables had been pushed to the side, except for a round table in the very center, which was covered in a dark red tablecloth and lit with candles.

"It's beautiful. Make sure to tell Kou I said thanks for the help," I said as Mitsuba walked back to the kitchen.

"I will!" He smiled.

I looked over at Hanako, his eyes wide with amazement. 

"So... what do you think?" I asked him, a little nervous.

"It's... amazing! It puts my date to shame. Uhm.. now I kind of wish I had done better with mine..." He said, seeming a little doubtful.

"Your date was perfect, I promise. Now, here comes Mitsuba with our food, so you don't have to think about it anymore."

Mitsuba came out, precariously balancing large plates of food on his arms. He looked anxious, like he knew he was going to drop it any second. Thankfully, he didn't, and gracefully slid the hefty meal in front of us. He sighed in relief, dipping into a bow again before heading back to the kitchen.

(I am not going to describe any of the food because I am SICK and the thought of any food other than fucking crackers will make me vomit.)

~After eating~

Mitsuba came by and picked up our empty plates, then came back a moment later with some small plates of dessert. I thanked him, and he went back into the kitchen. 

"I know we don't technically need to eat, I just figured that a dinner date would be nice," I said to Hanako.

"And you were absolutely right. This date is wonderful. I kind of feel bad that I didn't try harder with my date now." He looked down at his hands, and began to knot his fingers together.

"Hanako, I said your date was perfect, and I mean it. It was a wonderful lunch and I wouldn't have it any other way." I reached over the table and took his hands in mine.

"You really think so?" He looked up at me, smiling.

"Yeah. Now, lets enjoy this cake, okay?" I let go of his hands, then picked the cherry off my slice of cake and popped it into my mouth.