Hanako's Revelation

~Hanako's POV~

I was looking in the mirror -maybe as a form of self-reflection? I wasn't entirely sure.- when Y/N, Yashiro, Kou, and Mitsuba burst into the room. 

"Big news Hanako!" Y/N shouted. I noticed Yashiro was holding a bag of some sort. I put the thought aside for a moment.

"What is it?" 

"Mitsuba got his memories back! Aaaand Kou and Mitsuba are dating now!" They announced happily, glancing over at the boys. 

I smiled, glancing down to see them holding hands. It was sweet, I'll admit, but I had other things on my mind. 

"That's great!" I said, but I couldn't really put my heart into it. 

My heart was in another place entirely, and seeing them together made me realize it. I wanted what Mitsuba and Kou had. I wanted closeness, and love. Something I didn't have in life, but eventually realized is necessary to living. My heart ached with desire. Suddenly I remembered the bag Yashiro was holding, though maybe it was just my subconscious mind trying to change the subject.

I pointed at the bag, "What's in there?" 

Yashiro held up the bag, "Oh this? It's just a surprise Y/N and I were working on!"

"...Who's it for?" I asked.

"It's for you, silly!" Y/N laughed, swiping the bag from Yashiro and handing it to me, "Open it!"

"Okay?" I felt Y/N staring at my hands as I removed the ribbon from the bag. It fell open to reveal a small bag full of donuts.

"Donuts! You made these for me?" I smiled.

"Not just me, Yashiro and Kou helped too!"

"Thank you!!" 

"Don't just thank us, try one!" Y/N laughed. It was always nice to hear them laugh. 

I did try one, and it was great! I did really like them. Not just because they were donuts, but because they were made just for me. Made by friends, made with love and care. 

"...So are they good?" Y/N asked tentatively.

"They're perfect, thank you," I said. 

"Is something wrong? You don't seem like yourself." It always amazed me when Y/N picked up on small changes like that. Even if I didn't say a word out of character, Y/N could always tell when something was going on. 

I grabbed their hand, pulling them closer to me. "As soon as the others leave, I want to talk to you. Alone, just us," I whispered.

I saw them glance over at the other three, who were talking amongst themselves. "...Did I do something?" They whispered in return.

"No, nothing like that. I've just realized something, and I want to talk about it."

"Alright, I'll try and get them out of here as soon as I can." Y/N kissed my cheek, turning bright pink as they turned back to the others.

I watched as they joined into the conversation, and a few minutes later, we all said our goodbyes. I watched as Yashiro, Kou, and Mitsuba left the bathroom together. I watched as Y/N turned to me. 

"Okay, what did you want to talk to me about?" They sat up on the windowsill, looking intently at me. 

"Well... I've come to a realization of sorts." I fiddled with my fingers, looking anywhere but at Y/N. 

"What kind of realization?" They put their hands on their knees, leaning forward towards me. 

"I know how I feel about you, and I know how you feel about me, right?"

"Yes? We're in a very... complex situation."

"Yes. I realized that I didn't really live when I was alive, I was just surviving. I think living means to love, and to be loved. Now that I'm past the point of just surviving, I have time to live. I want to live... by loving you. What I'm trying to say is that I've realized there's no point in staying here forever if I'm not going to be with you. Even if I don't have a choice in staying here, I want to make it a nice stay. I know now... that I want to be with you," I knew I was rambling, but I didn't really know how else to express everything that I felt. 

"All that I got from that was you want to date me. You want us to be together... right? Did seeing Mitsuba and Kou make you realize that?" 

"Y/N you genius I cannot believe that you got anything out of that rambling. But yes, I want to be with you, and I realized this because of Mitsuba and Kou."

"Good, because I want that too. I was a little bit jealous of those two anyway."

"Well now you don't have to be." I took their hands in mine, holding them close to me.

Our lips met, and the world was right again. It was like nothing was ever wrong at all. 

(I may or may not have gotten a little bit philosophical there but whatever enjoy learning a little bit about my mental worldview)