School Dance

~Hanako's POV~

Yashiro waved at me as she and Aoi walked into the gymnasium together, both dressed in elaborate dresses and jewelry. Now, I was just waiting for Y/N. 

(ok ok so i am going to put y/n in a dress because i can if you dont like it just ignore it idk)

Y/N arrived in an outfit that rivaled that of royalty.

(I saw this and knew it had to be done im so sorry guys but i love this dress)

"It's just a dance, why so dressed up?" I asked.

"Well, when else would I have the opportunity to wear this?" They spun around, giving me a full view of the eccentricity of the outfit.  

I smiled. "Fair enough. Now, let's go." I took their gloved hand in mine, feeling the silk against my palm. 

We entered the gymnasium and were immediately bombed with loud music and conversations. People were shouting, trying to hear each other over the loud and obtrusive music. All the girls wore elaborately simple dresses, and the boys were in jeans and button downs. There was a snack bar in the corner, with people crowding each other around the lemonade and small snacks. 

"This is... loud," Y/N said, looking around, seeming a bit lost.

"Let's find the others then." We skirted around the edge of the gym, watching for familiar faces. 

After a few minutes, we found Kou, standing in a corner with Yashiro and Aoi. We joined the group, but none of them acknowledged us, I assumed because Aoi was there. Yashiro had a cup of lemonade in hand, blushing with energy and a sugar rush. 

"Where's Mitsuba?" Y/N asked.

"Right here!" Mitsuba popped up behind us, holding a cookie and a cup of lemonade. He still wore his distinct hairstyle, but changed into a pair of jeans and a pink button down. He also wore a necklace made of pearls. 

"What are you all doing here? I wouldn't expect you two to be here," He asked.

"We just wanted to see what happens down here. So far I haven't really seen anything fun," Y/N said.

"Neither have I, but the food's good!" Mitsuba laughed.

Suddenly, the music stopped. Slowly, a nicer, slower tune picked up, and all the couples found their partners. I turned to Y/N, who was already looking at me. 

"Ready to dance, Hanako?" They held out their hand. I took it gladly, and we made our way to the center of the gym together. 

Kou and Mitsuba joined closely after, and so did Yashiro and Aoi, which I didn't expect. We danced and laughed, suddenly finding that maybe these dances weren't so bad. We spun and waltzed, and I made sure to keep an eye on the others too. 

After the slow dances ended, I dipped low with Y/N in my arms, giving them a kiss. I watched as Kou spun Mitsuba back to him one more time and held him there as they laughed. I smiled. They really were a good couple. I looked over at Aoi and Yashiro, who had already made off to a corner, where they stood, chatting together. 

Yashiro took Aoi's hand, holding it close to her chest. Aoi looked surprised, but in awe. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but they hugged, and Aoi gave Yashiro a kiss on the cheek, and both of them turned bright red.

(ok that's all im writing tonight, i'll post another chapter probably in about a week)