Guts

~Yashiro's POV~

My hands shook as I peered around the corner of the school's entrance. I saw Aoi walking down the street, and my heart fluttered in my chest.

My shoes clicked against the sidewalk as I raced to catch up with her. 

"Aoi! Wait a minute!"

She spun on her heels and looked at me. "What's up Nene?"

I swiped the hair out of my face, catching my breath. "I- um, I wanted to tell you something." My heart raced, beating faster than I ever thought possible. 

Do it scared, or don't do it at all.

Y/N's words ran through my mind as I stared at my shaking hands. 

"Yeah, what is it?" 

I straightened my shoulders, wiping my sweaty hands on my skirt. 

"I wanted to say that..." I mustered up the courage to look her in the eyes, and I nearly jumped out of my skin at the intensity of her gaze. "Uh, I wanted to say that I... I really like you and I want to know if you like me back!" I gripped my skirt in my fists. 

I did it, Y/N. I did it scared, and now it's all over. If this ruins everything I'm going to punch you.

Her face turned red and she glanced away from me. "I- um... really Nene? I... I didn't ever think you would say that. I'm really glad you did though because... I do like you. I like you a lot, but I was just scared to tell you. " She ran her fingers over my knuckles, and I instinctively let go of my skirt to hold her hands.

"Really?! Oh, good! I was so scared that you would hate me!" I let go of her hands and gave her a hug. 

She returned the hug without hesitation. "Hate you? Nene I would never hate you!" She said loudly. 

(hehehe i love learning and information i'm listening to a video on 'forgotten' ancient civilizations as I write this)

"Good. Do you want to walk home with me?" I asked her, and she nodded fervently. 

~Your POV~

I smiled as Yashiro burst into the bathroom after classes the next day.

"Guess what?" She smiled broadly.

"What is it Yashiro?" I laughed.

"She likes me!"

"So... are you two dating then?" 

"We haven't really talked about that yet, but at least we know how we each feel."

"I told you, it helps," I said, shrugging my shoulders in an I-told-you-so gesture. 

"Well, I'm glad I listened. Thank you, Y/N."

"I'm always happy to help," I sighed, turning to Hanako and giving him a smile.

He smiled back, coming up to me and resting his arms over my shoulders. 

"You know Yashiro, I'm really happy to see the two of you guys getting along now," He said happily.

"Y'know, I'm really glad too. I really like to hang out with you guys, and I'm glad there's no weird tension anymore." Yashiro rested her hands at her sides, a gentle smile on her face.

I was happy for her. I was happy for everything right now, actually.