School Dance Dates

~Your POV~

The radio sputtered on, and Sakura's staticky voice filtered through the speakers. 

"I am proud to announce the school's fifth annual Valentine's Day Dance. The dance will be this Saturday, February 16th in the school's gymnasium." 

The radio clicked off. I sighed to myself. Valentine's Day was always a nice time of year, but especially now that I had someone to celebrate it with. 

"Did you hear that Hanako? The dance is coming up," I said, "I always wonder what goes on during those dances."

"Me too. Would you like to go to one?" He took my hand.

"I would love to."

"Then we will. We can dance just like this!" He took my other hand, pulling me close to him, and dropping down into a French dip, before pulling me back up and spinning around the room.

He pulled me back close to him, giving me a kiss. "I didn't know you could dance so well, Hanako."

"A little skill I work on in case of moments like this," He smiled.

I smiled. "I wonder if Kou and Mitsuba will be there?" I said, mostly to myself.

"I'm not sure. It would be strange to any onlookers to see that Kou might be dancing with no one."

"I'm pretty sure most people think that Kou is strange anyway, I don't think that would impact their opinion on him at all," I laughed.

"Hmmm, you might be right. I guess we'll have to ask next time the two come for a visit," He laughed with me. 

Yashiro came through the door a few minutes later. 

"Hanako! Did you hear about the dance?" She said.

"I did. Are you going to be there?" He asked, though the answer was painfully obvious. 

"Um, yeah. I was wondering if you wanted to go along with me?" She twisted her hair around her finger, more in a nervous motion than a flirty one. Still, it was a little annoying. 

"Oh. Well.... you've got trouble."

"What do you mean?"

I wrapped my arms around him from behind, peering up over his head. "I'm trouble," I smiled. 

"Wha- Y/N you're going to the dance with Hanako?!"

"I am. Is there a problem with that?"

"Who am I supposed to go with then?!" She stamped her foot on the bathroom tile. 

I looked over at Hanako, and he looked at me. I leaned in close to him.

"Can I please tell her? About us? I want her to leave us alone. Please?" I whispered.

"Well... I guess it's alright."

"Thank you," I kissed him on the cheek, turning back to Yashiro.

"I'm not sure, but pick someone other than my date. My partner."

"Your partner?! You're dating Hanako?!" Yashiro glared.

"Yes. Now quit your flirting and go find some other date. Like... Natsuhiko or something."

"Fine. I'll find someone." She stomped from the bathroom and I couldn't help but imagine her as an angry little kid who didn't get their favorite toy.

She slammed the door. "Well, now we can enjoy this dance together. Just us, with nobody to interfere," I said.

(ok i'm very sorry for making yashiro a little bitch but its my favorite hobby giving main characters too many bad traits. anyway i do have another quick side story that's going to happen during the school dance. I hope you guys enjoyed!)