Yashiro and Aoi, Lovers or Not?

~Your POV~

Yashiro was telling me about her night at the dance, when I had to stop her in the middle of it.

"Aoi kissed you?! Like, on the lips or what?!"

"No no! Just on the cheek, but still..." She turned bright red.

"Do you like her? Are you two dating?" I questioned.

"Jeez Y/N, you ask so many questions! But.. I don't really know the answers to either of those. I've never really imagined myself liking a girl, especially not my best friend. We just act like friends, but we do these little romantic things that makes me confused about it all!"

"Well, just ask her how she feels then."

"It's not that easy! Maybe I'm taking it all wrong, and I don't wanna ruin our friendship if I say the wrong thing and she doesn't actually like me."

"Hah, I used to think we were as different as we could be, but it seems we're not so different after all. I used to think the same way. But to me, it's better to know what's going on instead of living with the worry forever. Besides, if she's really a good friend, it won't ruin anything between you two."

"You think so? You might be right but... I'm still scared," She held her arms closer to herself. 

"Then do it scared. It's not going to get any less scarier by waiting. In fact, I only think it gets more scary if you wait," It was a little frustrating to hear her whine like that, but I knew where her feelings were coming from.

"But-"

I cut her off before she could start her whining again. "No buts. Do it scared or don't do it at all. It's your choice, but one of these answers will definitely bring back better results."

"I... I guess I can't really argue with that. Just give me some time to make my choice."

I took her hands, feeling the warm and alive flesh beneath my cold and dead fingertips.

"Look at me." I tipped her chin up, just a bit, so she was looking me in the eyes. "No one is forcing you to make this choice. I know I sound like I am, but I'm just giving you some advice. I am not going to give you a time limit of any kind, because this is your choice, not my demand. Just do what feels right to you. I'm just telling you what feels right to me. Feel free to take all of my advice, some of it, or none at all if you want. Everything is up to you."

"Wh- Why are you so knowledgeable and friendly all of a sudden?" She took a step away from me. 

"Oh, sorry. I know I act like I hate you a lot, and, I mean, I do hate you a little. That's not the point though, uh, I just... I want to help you, because I know how you feel, and I know how bad it can be when it's hard to make a decision." I took a step back as well, realizing I had overstepped my boundaries a little.

"If that's the case, thank you for the advice then. And... I don't really blame you for hating me a little. I know I was a real ass about Hanako, but... I'm past that now, so you don't have to worry about it anymore."

"I knew you would be eventually. Friends, then?"

"Sure, friends." We shook hands, and she bit her lip, thinking for a moment. "I have things to do, so I'll see you later!" She waved at me as she left the room.

I smiled and waved back, knowing exactly what she was going to do.

"Good luck!" I called out to her as she rushed to find Aoi.

"I'm glad to see that you two are finally getting along," Hanako said, wrapping his arms around me.

"You heard that, then? I guess we are getting along fairly know." I leaned back, resting my head on his shoulder.

"That's good to hear."