04. Ruminas Doesn't Give up

Right now Rimuru and the others must be busy building the city after the battle against the Orc Lord. Benimaru, Shuna, and the others have arrived, even Milim too.

Ah, I want to meet them. I spent several weeks with Ellen, Gido, and Kaval as adventurers.

We are currently reporting to Fuze the results of our latest investigation or actually their investigation. Fuze felt a headache just to be told an astonishing tale.

The first story they told was about our last moments with Shizu.

"...And that's how he summoned Ifrit, only to be swallowed and go berserk."

"He probably went out of town knowing that would happen. I think he realized there was no time left." "I hope he can rest in nature

there.'

Shizu had been ordered by Heinz, Fuze's father, to accompany them on the expedition. In Fuze's eyes, Shizu is a hero and his comrade in arms. If there is anything he can do, Fuze is willing to do anything. At least fill the end of his life with happiness.

Shizu said she wanted to go to demon lord Leon's territory. He had business there and insisted on leaving. So, Fuze decides to help him behind the scenes, including him in Kaval's party. Fuze regretted that they weren't with them when they returned and it turned out that Shizu breathed her last breath there.

By the way, Leon also always looks at me with a hostile gaze. Chloe's loving Demon Lord identity was still attached to him. Even though Chloe only thought of him as a friend or brother, Leon didn't care. He really turns into an idiot every time he meets Chloe.

Besides, Chloe clearly chose me especially Chronoa. Leon has no hope, but still often invites Chloe to visit his country.

Back to the main story!

Shizu is one thing. However, what caught Fuze's attention was the monster that built its own city. A single slime is at the top of the food chain or let's call it Rimuru as the leader, gathering hobgoblins to build like humans.

Rimuru just came here as a monster. So, I was not aware that all my actions were based on being abnormal even though it was purely about having a safe and comfortable place to live with everyone.

Some monsters that have intelligence build small communities, even lower rank goblin monsters form associations. But the trio is talking about a group of monsters who cut down trees, clear the land, and use wood to make houses. Dividing several zones and other complicated planning. Sounds like a real city.

For Fuze, the more he heard it, the harder he believed it. The slime surprised him. The creatures are unique and named and what's more, all the monsters there have names. Situations that change common sense.

In the future, monsters having names will no longer be a special thing. I don't know how many names I've given. It looks troublesome, but I leave everything to Ciel. According to Ciel, all monsters must create data with the desired name. Once collected, Ciel will process automatically naming them.

We treat humans, monsters, even demons as equals. About their lives it depends on each of them. We simply do not allow discrimination against certain races.

"So, after being rescued, you were brought to this city of monsters?"

"That's right. Several hundred C-rank monsters lived together. Would you believe that? We thought we would die, but instead we were given food."

"That's good for us who haven't eaten for three days."

They took turns speaking. I? I just quietly observed while enjoying Fuze's banquet. Just ordinary hot tea.