25. Love

How many days have passed?

Dino has been lulled into living in Shian's illusory world since their meeting. Dino was wary at first, but now he was used to it. There are no suspicious things. Dino can also go outside if he wants. But there's not much interest out there. He preferred lazing around like this.

Just eat and sleep. He is the embodiment of laziness, the owner of the King of Sloth skill. Even though at the moment it is only a unique skill, in reality Dino can evolve it at any time through his other skills. He hasn't done that and continues to gather enough energy from laziness.

"The food is ready, Dino-sama." Shian said happily. Putting various kinds of foreign food on the dining table.

Shian always served food he had never seen before. For Dino, eating is not really necessary. But he also knows what foods humans often eat. Dino had never seen food like this. For example, colorful food with a soft texture and a sweet taste. One bite will guarantee addiction.

Dino felt more at home. No matter how mysterious Shian's presence and his confession of love are, what matters most is the feeling of comfort and luxurious living that he has never felt in a long time.

The Demon King is unemployed, lazy, poor, has no territory, even a subordinate. That's the general description of Demon King Dino. But it seems that definition has now changed slightly. Even though he is still unemployed and lazy, he is no longer poor.

However, his laziness will end soon it seems.

"I'm going to Walpurgis. It's tiring, but it's a request Milim. "Apart from that, Guy also forced everyone to attend," said Dino a bit lazy.

Dino doesn't really remember when he became close to Shian. Even though Shian was very kind to him, it shouldn't be that easy to gain his trust. Dino is lazy. So, thinking about such a troublesome matter, he chose to ignore it.

Sometimes Dino talked to Shian or perhaps more accurately complained. Shian will always be enthusiastic and patient in hearing all his complaints.

"Milim is Mr Dino-sama's daughter, isn't she?"

"of"

"Then, I will come too. Someone like Dino-sama should have a bodyguard, right? I will be ready to be Dino-sama's bodyguard." Shian hugged Dino suddenly

Dino thought for a moment. So far he has always come alone. There's another Demon King like him. It seemed good to bring Shian as his bodyguard for the first time.

He thought he was thinking, but actually Dino was more unfocused on Shian's actions. It wasn't once or twice that Shian would suddenly hug him like this. Will Dino refuse? No! In fact, he was made nervous and in the end he let Shian do as he pleased.

"By the way, Shian. Why do you like me?"

"Does love need a reason?"

“Yeah, I mean… that, I don't have anything interesting that could be seen." Dino is not a lack of self-confidence. That is the fact that he is lacking and not the type of person that is easily loved by others. What does Shian see from him?

"Don't care! Even if one world doesn't approve of our love, I don't care. Ah, it seems I don't want to go back."

Shian is always happy that Dino doesn't refuse anything did it. Obedient like a cute puppy. It makes Shian didn't need to show his cruel side.

If Dino wants to leave here and leave him, openly rejecting whatever he does, Shian will do it by force.

He will lock him up completely without Dino ever being able to leave the place and he will activate it to the maximum of his skills. The skill that has been trapping Dino into not doing anything.

A few days ago, even briefly, Shian regained his dark emotions. A deep feeling of fear of loss. He didn't understand where he felt that feeling. But deep down, he thought that was the reason why he came here.

Today's world isn't so bad, right? As long as he can be with Dino, Shian won't ask for anything more. I don't know what happened in the future to make him come to this time, maybe it's better not to come back.

***

"Heh... Mama wants to go? Clara can't come, okay?"

Since living here, Clara would rather sleep with Chloe than in her own room.

After secretly following her mother and peeking from a distance, Chloe returned home and said she would be leaving tomorrow morning because of some business.

Chloe had remembered everything. He has become one with Chronoa, her split personality and manas. It was a painful moment when his new memories were overwritten repeatedly at the same time as Rimuru saved him.

When his memory returned perfectly, his anxiety was at an unstoppable peak. If it's even a little too late, Rimuru will really die at the hands of his own son, Rio. As a master of time, Chronoa can turn back time and communicate with Rimuru from the future.

He let Chronoa act more these few days. Chloe herself still needed time to accept the millions of information that came in and made her suffer from a huge headache. It's a painful memory!

Now he truly believes that Clara and Rio came from the future. He was the one who created this phenomenon and worked with someone to erase as many of their memories as possible, but it was only temporary. Unfortunately, that person's memory was also sealed.

Chloe or rather Chronoa has accepted Ciel's request to accompany Ruminas to Walpurgis. Because Rimuru is there and it will be dangerous for Ruminas, Chronoa must be able to guarantee Ruminas' safety with Ciel. Actually, just Ciel alone will be able to handle everything, even Milim's class. It's just... he's sure he won't just deal with Milim. If Ciel were to deal with any of those he sent, Ciel wouldn't be able to.

Rimuru will continue to sleep for at least a week. So, currently the one acting now is Ciel. This is an evolutionary effect that is also connected to it.

Invite Clara? He was still too small and only two or three guards could be carried. No! The real reason is that Ciel can't be too close to 'them'. That is a dangerous condition.

"Sorry, Clara. Mama can't bring Clara, but it won't be long."

Clara pouted, but she tried to smile. "Promise?" he said offering his little finger.

Chloe returned the smile. He responded with a finger link. "Promise!"

"It's late, let's sleep."

"Huum, but before that, read a fairy tale, please."

Chloe chuckled. "Okay, okay, so in ancient times...."

Chloe continues to follow Clara's wishes, even her simplest requests, like now. Clara hugged Chloe while listening to her fairy tale reading quietly. It only took a moment for him to fall asleep.

Just when the fairy tale had finished reading, Chloe realized that Clara had fallen asleep. He pulled the corners of his lips into a gentle smile, stared at Clara's face which was a replica of his for a moment before he finally planted a warm kiss on her forehead.

Chloe loves them all. Because of this, he will be willing to fight tooth and nail for the people he loves. Chloe's affection was pure, untainted. In contrast to Chronoa, in reality, that's where her dark emotions accumulate. Feelings of love that are too strong to the point of wanting to destroy him and hidden hatred for those who disturb his love.

"He loves us all. Therefore, I hope you let go of all that hatred!"

*