22. Diablo?

Milim and Rimuru face off in the sky. Milim who left several months ago now appeared before him. Rimuru should have been happy to see Milim return, but his feelings of joy were outweighed by his instincts that said Milim would get in his way.

From the sky, they looked at each other. Trying to analyze each other. The hustle and bustle underfoot was ignored. The lights continued to swallow victims until they all died or Rimuru deactivated the magic.

Milim doesn't care. He knew that Rimuru had taken the lives of thousands of people below. He also usually doesn't care that much. People who lose must mourn their weaknesses, especially humans. But for a Rimuru who is friendly towards everyone and expects cooperation from humans, that is definitely surprising.

It is natural that Rimuru would be furious because he saw the enormous death in his country, even his dearest people. Milim once felt the same way Rimuru felt. Controlling the chaos within him with anger. Because of that, Milim doesn't want Rimuru to be like him. It is Rimuru's fault that will be destroyed.

Thinking of Clayman, his anger boiled. It was too much as if the death he had given still didn't feel like enough. But if he takes too long to take care of Clayman, he will be too late to meet Rimuru.

Ruminas' presence has been detected. However, both Rimuru and Milim chose to ignore it. I don't know what Ruminas was doing, she was just observing the situation from below. What was even more important was Rimuru's condition. Milim felt something strange in Rimuru's gaze.

His golden eyes were full of gentleness and friendliness, as if they were easy to penetrate but in fact they weren't. Now that seems like a rather empty outlook. Either because of anger messing with his mind or something else.

"Milim, I'm glad you're back and okay."

No!

Milim didn't feel Rimuru's happiness from his words.

"Rimuru, there's something I want to explain. We can go back, right?" Milim tries to negotiate, acting as if Rimuru doesn't know anything. Even though he was sure that Rimuru must have heard about him destroying the kingdom of Eurazannia.

"Sorry, Milim. I don't have time. I'll serve you later, but not now. I have to go!"

Rimuru wanted to get away from Milim, he didn't want Milim to be affected by his anger. But as soon as he wanted to continue his flight, Milim was in his way again.

"I won't let it happen! Aren't all their lives more than enough? Rimuru, we have to return to Tempest."

"Oh, you don't know, huh? Hmm... yes, you're too busy destroying the kingdom of Eurazannia. That's why, I'll return it to the way it was. So, Milim. Please don't get in my way!"

Milik shook his head vigorously.

"I won't let it happen! What do I want to do? I did that because... so-and-so..."

"I will destroy everything! Didn't you do the same before? Why can't I? Milim, if you get in the way, we become enemies."

Milim was surprised. He didn't expect Rimuru to say such cruel things. He considered Rimuru his only friend after a long time without having a friend he truly considered.

Rimuru is different. The current Rimuru was different from the Rimuru he knew. Because of this, Milim will notice Rimuru and return him to normal.

While each other was busy with their thoughts, Rimuru suddenly disappeared. "What?"

Rimuru teleported. Milim reacted slowly because she was still busy thinking.

This is serious!

Rimuru runs away and there is a strong suspicion that there will be another large-scale destruction. Much bigger than the corpses falling beneath his feet.