08. Journey to Tempest

Three Months Later

If you ask me what I did during that time, I will say a lot of things. While remaining an adventurer registered with the guild, I also worked under Ruminas directly. The secret task he was given was to investigate Rimuru, myself at this time.

Actually, without needing to investigate, I know based on personal experience. However, because a few months ago there was a strange incident, there could also be a plot deviation that I don't know about. I can't see from here because [Omniscience] is sealed, but can still use Argos magic to see from the reflection of the water floating in the air if I want.

Hinata didn't know this. He only knows that I am in direct contact with Ruminas. In addition, Haruto in just a short time got rid of all of Hinata's subordinates. I don't know who would win if Hinata competed with Haruto, but Haruto admitted that he didn't want to get rid of Hinata's position. He just wanted to be as close to Hinata as possible according to his confession.

I?

I won't fight him! Seriously, even though it wasn't as bad as our first meeting which made me fall and die, there was always a feeling of weakness every time I was with him. So, I won't fight it.

Haruto is almost perfect in every aspect. His swordplay is very good and he is also good at housework. He is also quite friendly towards other people, especially children. He often visits schools in the Ruberious kingdom, occasionally acting as a substitute teacher.

When I asked, he answered, "Maybe I have the talent to be a teacher or actually I have a younger sibling, so I often come here to cure my longing."

Younger brother?!

Yes, I don't have the strength to be surprised. That's just a guess, but it feels like I just believed it.

Because I couldn't stand the feeling of getting weaker if I was with him for a long time, I would often avoid him.

This time I have a special mission. I will return to Ellen's party for another visit to Tempest. According to the time, they should be planning to go to Tempest.

                                ***

We are ready to go. Yesterday I met Ellen and she stated her plans. I already know, I want to say that.

"Ah, Rachel-san often suddenly disappears. We thought you forgot about us. Oh yes, I just remembered! We have a new acquaintance, you know. He also suddenly disappeared, I always forget to tell him. But he said he would come tomorrow."

Hm? I didn't expect them to add members. This has changed the plot without my intervention. Is this also the effect of some strange events a few months ago? Because my true abilities were sealed, I didn't know.

"So who is he? How strong is he?"

"Very strong! He said he was also a visitor from another world like Rachel-san, but he's not a hero like Rachel-san. But he's really strong. He can clear the B rank test by himself quickly. His name is Rio, he's a handsome guy. It feels like like Rachel-san in male form."

I was drinking while chatting with Ellen and suddenly water gushed out of my mouth. I forgot this tea was still hot. Yes, not only that, Ellen's casual words also surprised me so that I spontaneously reacted that way.

"Eh? Why Rachel-san?"

"N-nothing... just hot."

"Ah, how can you be careless? You have to blow slowly first."

"Yeah, I'll remember later. Oh yeah, how similar are we?"

"Hm? I think that's just me because she has jet black hair and golden eyes like Rachel-san. Not really similar in any sense."