14 - clingy toddler

age: 3
mom: scarlett
dad: colin

-

SCARLETT'S POV
It's hard trying to relax after a hard day of work with a 3 year old who's spent her day at preschool, running about energetically and now brings that energy home.

Currently, i'm laying on the sofa watching the Tv, i'm so tired after today and just want to nap. Colin comes home in an hour, and i know that he'd be delighted to look after his daughter whilst i go for a nap, which is very needed right now.

I can feel myself starting to drift off, and i really don't want too, i know what trouble my daughter can cause on her own and if i fell asleep then i'd be oblivious to it all.

The sound of pattering little feet fill my ears and soon my daughter comes running into the living room, stopping and looking about before she runs over to me, crouching down in front of my face.

"Mommy sleep" Y/n giggles and pokes my lip, my eyes open as i hum, she smiles and pokes my nose this time and lets out a little giggle.

"I come up" Y/n grunts as she holds onto my hoodie and pulls herself onto the sofa, wiggling about so she was laying down beside me, i lift her over my stomach and then roll her to the other side, so if i fall asleep, she will be stuck between me and the sofa.

"Do you wanna take a nap with mommy?" I ask running my fingers through her hair, and to my surprise, Y/n nods her head and yawns looking up at me.

"Take a nap till dada comes home and wakes us up" Y/n said wrapping her tiny arm around my large body, i hum nodding my head and move back a bit because i cant lie when i say my boobs and very much right in Y/n's face.

Y/n actually fell asleep, i was expecting her to play some sort of little trick on me so i would fall asleep and she would run about but she's really went to sleep, after kissing her, i let myself falling into a sleep, holding her tightly.

By the time i woke up again, Y/n wasn't squished in between me and the sofa anymore, but it was okay because it was dark, the tv was on and Colin was at the end of the sofa with my legs on his lap, him running his hands up and down them.

"Look who's awake" Colin whispers to Y/n who was also sat on his lap, with her hands cutely patting my ankles, Y/n's head slowly turns to look at me as she peels her eyes off of the tv screen.

"Mama's wake!" Y/n squeals and jumps off Colin's lap and over to me, i hold my arms out and let my baby fall against my chest, watching as she digs her head between my boobs to make herself comfy.

"Daddy's home now!" I say patting her back, she giggles and nods her head pointing over to Colin.

"I waked up when he opened the door" She giggles, i laugh with her and pull the hair out of her face, watching as she leans back down on my chest, looking back at the Tv.

Holding Y/n tightly, i start to get up, she clearly doesn't approve of my moving as she grumbles and climbs off of me and sits on the sofa, her tiny eyes glued to the tv, i reach for the remote and switch it off.

"Mama! No!" Y/n gasps and looks at me with an offended look, i look over at Colin who is sat on his phone smirking and glancing at Y/n.

"You've been watching for over an hour, you don't need anymore, i'm going to start making dinner" I say strictly placing the remote back down, sitting back like a moody teenager, Y/n folds her arms.

After letting out a laugh, i start to make my way out of the living room, feeling an impact come in contact with my legs, i look down and see Y/n's arms around then, her cheeky face looking with at me with a grin.

"Come with you mama" She says cutely and moves around so she's sitting on my feet, she's started to do this, sit on my foot and make me walk with her attached to me, i laugh and start walking.

My girl squeals and giggles the whole way to the kitchen attached to my foot, i shake my head and start grabbing out my ingredients for what i am making for dinner.

"What's for dinner?" Y/n asks me, i pick her up from the floor and sit her on the counter, on the other side of the stove.

"We are having salmon" I say placing my hand on Y/n's head, she nods her head as i start making the dinner, Y/n watches me the whole time, helping me occasionally before i start to cook the salmon.

Lifting Y/n down off the sofa, i bring her into the living room to sit with Colin who was clearing away the mess from last night that i haven't cleaned up today.

"Nipping to the toilet, watch her for me please she's too energetic to be left" I say handing her to Colin who nods his head and goes back to cleaning, i rush off to the bathroom knowing that my daughter will be there soon.

As i'm sitting on the toilet, i hear Colin's voice shouting Y/n's name, i sigh to myself rubbing my eyes, i'm in the middle of letting my business run free before the handle of the door is pushed down and my 3 year old runs into the room.

"Hi mama" Y/n slams the shut behind her and runs over to me, pulling herself up onto my lap, i don't even try fight her.

"Can i not just have a wee on my own?" I ask with a small sigh, Y/n looks at me with a confused look and looks around.

"We are on our own" She says before wrapping her arms around me, i let out a small laugh and rub her back, finishing everything up in the bathroom and then going back to the kitchen.

"I'm sitting on your lap for dinner" Y/n states looking at me with a serious look, i let out a hum and take a seat on the chair watching as she smirks and then runs over to me, placing her head on my legs and playing with my hand, i can't help but smile at her clinginess.

___

i wish my favourite teacher could adopt me rn i need her so much