𝓈ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃

Joseph

I head up with Joe to our hotel room. I am rooming with Joe while the twins are rooming together.

The elevator ride was quiet. Somewhat awkward. It's like Joe was deep in thought.

"What did you and Novalie do?" Joe asked, breaking the silence. I look over at him with a soft look.

"She wanted to walk around downtown with me." I respond blandly. He raises an eyebrow.

"But you said that you took her for a walk downtown?"

Smart ass.

"She was obviously nervous uce so I just said that."

"Have feelings for the girl?" He randomly asks. I shoot him a look.

"What are you talking about? We've only known each other for a few weeks."

"I'm just asking. Just whatever you do, don't hurt her."

"We aren't even together uce, but I wouldn't hurt her either way."

Novalie

"Wake up Nova!!" Trinity screamed in my ear. I groan at her and shove my face into the soft pillow.

"Girl, we are going to miss the bus, and remember, we are going home."

My eyes widen with joy as I sit up quickly.

"Home?" I question. Trinity giggled.

"Yes, home."

I squeal with excitement before jumping out of bed and brushing my teeth, taking a shower, and putting on some light makeup. When I finished packing all my stuff, Trinity was waiting for me by the door.

"Ready?"

"More than ready."

꧁꧂

It's been 2 days since I arrived back home. Me and the rest of the crew have off this week, so we have all this time to relax.

I finish making myself a yogurt parfait before heading over to the living room. I plop down on the couch and eat a spoonful of yogurt before grabbing the remote. I turned on the TV and looked to see what channels were on.

I settled in on Family Fued, not finding anything better. I giggle a bit while eating my yogurt. I soon get a call on my phone. I look at the number and I didn't really recognize it. It was in my contacts though for some reason, so I answered it.

"Hello?" I ask first.

"Hey Novalie!"

That voice sounded so familiar.

"Wait... Takecia? Oh my god how are you girl!" I ask.

Takecia is Josh's wife, and they were high school sweethearts. I became friends with her when Josh started dating her. She's an awesome woman to be around.

"I'm doing good! Josh told me that you've been working with the group! How's it going?" She asks.

"It's been going awesome. I'm in love with my job already." I answer. She giggles.

"That's good. By the way, the reason I called you was to tell you that there is a little gathering happening at our house later today. Wanna come? Trinity and Galina will be there."

"Sure! What time?"

"Maybe come around 1:30."

I look at my watch, and the time read 11:20.