𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉ℯℯ𝓃

Joseph turned off the car engine as I stared at the Fatu's house in front of me. I haven't been here in a while.

Joseph looked over at me, watching me stare into space.

"You good?" He asked, startling me from my trance. I quickly nodded.

"Yeah! Yeah. Sorry, I was just thinking about how I haven't been here in a while, and when I was younger I was here all the time."

"Yeah, I never was though, sadly. I wish I could've met you earlier so I could see how you were then." He smirked.

"Back then, I would be playing football with your brothers out in the backyard, and I would tackle Joe to the ground everytime he blocked one of my passes."

Joseph chuckled a little at that.

"Did you watch the twins games at school and stuff?" He asked.

"Oh, baby, I played football. I was on the middle school and high school team."

Joseph looked at me wide eyed. I never told him that part of my childhood.

"Damn girl! How come I was never told that?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down.

"I guess it never came out. But! Enough chitter chatter and let's go!" I exclaim, grabbing the handle of the passenger door. I opened it slightly, but was pulled back and the door shut.

"Nuh uh girl, that's my job." Joseph spoke before exiting the car. I chuckled and rolled my eyes as he walked around the car and opened the passenger door for me. I smile and kiss his cheek before hopping out of the car. He closed the door behind me and we walked up to the front door. The door was already unlocked, so we just made our way inside.

"Aye! Atali'i! How you doing!" Rikishi exclaimed, walking over to us and giving his son a hug.

"It's good to see you dad." Joseph said as he separated from the hug.

"You too. And it's nice to see you too Novalie." Rikishi said, looking over at me. I smiled.

"You too!" I exclaim. He smiled and ruffled my hair a little. I giggle a little and back away. He can always make me laugh.

"Aye dad, don't scare away my girlfriend." Joseph stated. Rikishi perked his head up quick, exchanging looks from his son to me. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Wait, did I hear that right?"

I smiled and nodded my head slowly, walking back up next to Joseph. Joseph was about to say something when he got cut off.

"Oh yeah dad, knock on the door before entering, they may have their tongues down each others throats!" Jon called out as he passed us. My cheeks immediately turned bright red, and I lowered my head with embarrassment.

"Shut the fuck up Jon!" Joseph called to his brother.

"Aye, easy. I'll forget what yo brother just said, but in all truthfulness, I'm genuinely happy you too are together. I trust Novalie with all my heart, and Joseph, you found a great young lady."

I smiled and looked up at Joseph, who was looking down at me. I smiled brighter before he pulled my closer to his side.

"Ok, everyone is outside, so y'all should come out too."

"Sounds good." Joseph said as we watched his dad walk away. He looked over at me and saw my cheeks were still red.

"Yo, ignore what Jon said. He's just teasing us, well, more specifically me. Sorry baby."

"Oh, it's ok. But... TMI to be honest." I mumbled. Joseph cackled a little before pulling me into a hug. I let out a sigh and hugged him back. I inhaled his amazing sent that was lingering from his body.