𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇

Three months later...

"Oh my god..." I mumbled quietly, staring at the positive test that I was holding in my shaky hand. I felt my whole body start to shake, with shock and happiness.

After trying for three whole months, I was finally going to be a mother. I was on top of the entire universe. My smile was permanently lifted on my trembling lips. Some warm, salty tears fell down my face.

Joseph wasn't home right now. He was at a live show in Tampa. I haven't been feeling the greatest these past few days, so he let me stay home and get some rest.

I quickly head to my bedroom, hiding the test in the drawer of my nightstand. As soon as it closed, I squealed happily, falling back on my bed. I was pregnant. I was going to be a mother. I was pregnant with Joseph's baby.

The first person I decided to call was Becky. She has been with me through this process, and she has never left my side. She was the one who really talked me into telling Joseph about this whole situation.

I whipped out my phone, calling her immediately. I waited impatiently for her to pick up, swaying side to side.

"Hello?" She answered. My face lit up with vigor.

"Becky. I have the best news of my life."

"What?" She asked with her Irish accent. I smiled brightly, thinking of a way to tell her that I'm going to be a mother.

"Becky... I'm going to be a mom."

The line went dead silent. I chuckled lightly, covering my own mouth with my hand.

"Shut up. Are you serious?!" She asked, her tone of voice getting gradually excited by the second. I nodded my head, starting to choke up lightly.

"I'm so happy for you Novalie!" She screeched into the phone. I was trying my hardest not break down on the phone with her.

"Have you told Joseph?" She asked.

"No, he's at the live event right now."

"Ah, that's right. You should find a really cool way to tell him. Like, buy a bunch of baby clothes and put it on his bed and wait for him to get home." She explained. My face lit up at the idea.

"That's a great idea. Matter of fact, I'm heading clothes shopping right now. Bye Becks love you!" I say quickly before hanging up. I quickly get out of bed and grab my purse and wallet before zooming out of the house and to the nearest clothing store.

There were so many cute options. I bought at least 15 different outfits for my child coming in nine months. I was just so hyped about the thought. I never thought I was going baby shopping until today, to be honest.

I checked out the clothes, which ended up at a total cost of $150, but I don't really care. I need to spoil this child when they come to this world.

I quickly head back home, relieved when Joseph wasn't here yet. I brought the bags of clothes to our room and start laying out a set on the bed. I put the rest of the clothes in the closet. I made a cute little sign saying 'cant wait to meet you. Due December 2022.'

Just setting this up made my emotions come pouring out. The thought of being a mother hits home to me. And I also know that this is going to make Joseph so happy, and that's all I want to do. Make him the happiest husband ever.

"I'm home!" I heard my husband call out 20 minutes later. I pounced off the bed and ran to the front door, closing the bedroom door behind me. I ran up to Joseph, clinging my arms around him in a tight hug. I think he was taken aback a bit.