Part 54: "It Was Okay"

Sorry for the delay! I had one week to write 200 pages for one of my classes...

Hope you enjoy the chapter;) Lmk if there are any errors :)

------------------------

"You never answered the question." Hope regains Josie's attention, who furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"What question?"

Hope raises an eyebrow teasingly, her signature smirk resting on her lips. "How was it?" Hope repeats Lizzie's question from before.

Josie sees this as the perfect opportunity to challenge Hope's wolf pride. She shrugs carelessly, keeping her attention on her food, "It was okay."

Hope's eyebrows furrow ever so slightly. That's not the reply she was expecting. "Okay?"

Josie nods, glancing up at Hope briefly when she hears the change of tone in Hope's voice, "Yeah. Okay. Good. Why? Is something wrong with that?"

"Good and okay are two very different things," Hope notes, eyes still on Josie as the brunette chuckles carelessly.

"What's wrong with 'okay'?" Josie's amusement shows in her eyes, and Hope somehow manages to see through her act now.

The Tribrid grins subtly herself, scoffing out a laugh as she turns her attention to her food and takes another bite, "Oh, nothing. I just find that hard to believe, that's all." She shrugs to emphasize her indifference now.

Suddenly, Josie's expression and demeanor shifts, confused and slightly irritated now. Hope isn't really fazed by her words. She's still seemingly as confident as ever, which Josie doesn't understand at all. Her wolf should be raging by now. She should be pinned against the wall or laid across the table, proven wrong in a show of dominance by the Tribrid. That was the plan.

But now the tables have turned, and Josie is the one left questioning Hope, "Why's that? It's the truth." Lies.

Hope challenges, though her resolve remains, "If that were true, why would you want to do it again?"

Josie scoffs, not so humorously, "What? I don't--"

"Yes you do." Hope glances up briefly, making Josie's heart pound and heat spread through her body as Hope's eyes very obviously take in her appearance, as much as she can see given they sit across the table from each other. Hope returns her attention to her food before answering, "All of your teasing before. Your chest is moving irregularly. Your pupils are dilated. I'll bet your thighs are clenched together right now just thinking about the things I could do to you."

Josie's jaw slacks a bit at Hope's attention to detail, and she clears her throat softly as she unclenches her thighs, "That's not true." It definitely is, but she's always been a stubborn person, never wanting to admit that Hope is right.

Hope smirks as she barely spares Josie a glance, "Your words say one thing, but your body says another, baby." Josie's not sure if the temperature rising in her body, even reaching the tips of her ears, is from her arousal or her irritation. She tugs the inside of her lip between her teeth, trying to remain composed. But Hope sees through it. She fights the urge to smirk, knowing she's right. Hope clears her throat before placing her fork and knife on her plate and sliding her chair out from the table to stand to her feet, causing Josie to do the same, but not before letting out a scoff under her breath. Hope approaches Josie's end of the table, catching Josie off-guard as she pushes her slightly against the edge of the table, making Josie grip the edge for stability as her breath gets caught in her lungs. Hope leans into her body, stroking a strand of hair framing her face, before grazing the back of her middle and ring finger down her cheek. Hope leans closer, bringing her voice down to a low whisper, "But I promise you, the second they say the same thing, you'll be wishing you responded differently tonight."

I Hate the Way...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें