Part 55: "Beneath the Crescent Moon"

Hope and Josie jump out of bed, with Hope putting on a t-shirt, some sweatpants, and shoes and Josie slipping into a coat and shoes before being practically dragged out of the house by a very excited Hope.

Josie can't help the laugh that tumbles from her lips as Hope opens her door for her, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Hope grins before closing the door behind her wife, then going to the driver's side to get in.

Josie's smile never fades, loving the spontaneity and Hope's excitement, "We're in our pajamas, Hope. It's nearly midnight." She feels like a little kid again, staying out past curfew and getting into trouble.

"I know, it's fun. Don't worry, I'll protect you from any monsters lurking around," Hope grins teasingly, lacing her fingers in Josie's before bringing Josie's hand to her lips and leaving a kiss to the back.

A blush dusts Josie's cheeks at the gesture, watching as Hope puts the car in drive and takes off towards their destination.

When they get close, Hope glances over toward Josie, "Close your eyes."

Josie raises an eyebrow at the Tribrid, but she complies, closing her eyes with a small smile playing at her lips. Her anticipation builds as the car eventually comes to a stop, "Hope, where are we?"

Hope rolls her eyes at her wife's impatience, "Just keep your eyes closed."

Hope turns off the engine and steps out of the car, making the brunette furrow her eyebrows in confusion, though she keeps her eyes shut, "Uh, Hope?...Hope?"

Suddenly she hears her own door open, along with Hope's voice near her ear as the Tribrid reaches over to unfasten her seatbelt, "I'm right here, love."

Josie can feel goosebumps rising across her skin at the proximity, her other 4 senses seemingly heightened with her sight eliminated. She feels Hope gently take her hands, guiding her out of the car.

Josie can hear the sound of gentle waves crashing rhythmically nearby, indicating that they are close to the shoreline.

Hope keeps her hand securly in Josie's, leading her a short distance on foot until the sounds of the waves grow a little bit louder. Josie can feel the cool night air against her face, and the scent of the sea fills her senses.

Until Hope suddenly stops her in her tracks, placing a hand on her waist from behind. "Okay, you can open your eyes now," Hope says with a hint of nervousness and excitement in her tone.

Josie does as instructed, and as her eyes flutter open, she finds herself standing at the edge of a fairly rocky shore, facing an old, abandoned lighthouse. The moon casts a soft glow on the weathered structure, giving it an almost mystical appearance.

Hope begins making her way toward the stairs, "Come on, the view's better from the top."

"What?" Josie's eyes widened, "We can't go up there!"

"Sure we can," Hope says dismissively.

"But, isn't that, like, trespassing or something?" Josie says worriedly.

Hope turns around to face her again, a small smile forming on her lips as she steps closer, her hand gently caressing Josie's cheek, "You trust me?"

Josie's eyes soften as she looks into Hope's ocean blue orbs, her worry easing away at the tenderness in her gaze. She nods, her voice filled with trust, "Always."

Hope's smile grows, and she leans in, pressing a gentle kiss to Josie's lips before pulling back, "Good."

With that, Hope swoops Josie up and into her arms, carrying her bridal-style towards the stairs.