Part 4: "That's Not Possible"

"No, no that's not possible," Lizzie turns to Josie, panicked, "Josie I swear, I'm clean!"

Dr. Liam Davis stands before the twins in Lizzie's room at the rehabilitation facility, with a manila folder in his hands containing the results of Lizzie's drug test.

Positive.

Josie's heart drops at the news.

She really thought Lizzie was clean.

She wanted to believe her sister. She still does.

But it's hard when the results are in black and white.

"Dr. Davis, there has to be some sort of mistake. Maybe if she took the test again—?"

"I can assure you the results of my tests are valid." He turns to Lizzie, "I've spoken with your father, and we've agreed that it would be best for you to remain at the facility, but under stricter supervision."

Lizzie shakes her head, "No, I can't stay here! Josie please—"

Liam turns to Josie, "Her visitor privileges will be revoked in the meantime as she adjusts to the new parameters of her treatment. I'll give you a call if there's a change in her status."

With that he tries to usher Josie out of the room.

But Lizzie catches her arm, "Josie, please, you can't leave me here! The test was wrong, I promise Jo! He's keeping me here on purpose, don't you see that?!"

Josie would honestly rather believe that than to see her sister fall back into addiction.

But Lizzie denied that she needed help last time, and Josie found her only a few days later, unconscious on the floor.

Two officers working in the building stand just outside the doorway, implying that they'll use force to part the sisters if necessary.

Josie pulls her into a tight embrace, "Stay strong for me, Lizzie. You're gonna get help, and when you're feeling better, I'll come and see you again. I promise."

With that Josie goes to exit the room, hearing Lizzie crying, calling to her.

It hurts to leave her like this, but her test results proved that she's still struggling. And Josie wouldn't be able to live with herself if something bad happened to her sister.

"I can assure you, your sister is going to get the treatment she desperately needs."

"Thank you Dr. Davis."

On her way out to her car, Josie gets an incoming call from her attorney.

————

"Thank you for meeting me with such short notice, Ms. Saltzman. As you know, your sister's test results came back positive, meaning your father will gain full access to her inheritance."
Josie nods, discouraged.
"But as of yesterday, your father has also altered the terms of your trust."

Josie furrows her eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Her attorney sets a file down on the table, flipping to a particular page within, turning it for Josie to see, "Ms. Saltzman, the new terms state that you will only be granted access to your trust when you either turn 30 or get married."