Part 46: "Are You Decent?" 🔞

Content warning!

I hope this chapter makes up for the delay in updates ;)

—————————

"Hope?" Josie asks from inside their bathroom. She's gotten her makeup and hair done, a robe wrapped around her body as Hope gets dressed for their date in the bedroom.

"Yes, love?"

Josie can't help the small smile that forms on her lips at the sentiment behind Hope's words, but she quickly pushes any related thoughts aside, shaking her head, "Are you decent?"

"Yes ma'am." Josie ignores the effect those words from Hope have and takes that as permission to enter the bedroom, being greeted by the sight of Hope in her black suit pants and white dress shirt. The auburnette finishes buttoning up her shirt as she gazes at Josie, who wears natural makeup, and her hair is curled lightly, draping past her shoulders.

"You look beautiful," Hope says after a moment of gazing.

Josie can't help but blush, thanking the dim lighting in the room as she averts her own gaze. But Hope sees the blush nonetheless, a small successful grin forming on her own lips as Josie replies dismissively, "Hope, I'm not even dressed yet."

Hope nods as her eyes finally dip down, taking in the sight of Josie's body only covered by the thin material of her bath robe, only making Josie's blush grow more prominent, "I noticed." Hope's smirk remains when Josie rolls her eyes, trying to seem unaffected by Hope's remark and wandering eyes. The auburnette clears her throat before picking up a tie she laid out and holding it up against her chest, "Tie," and then she pulls it away, "or no tie?"

By the look in Josie's eyes, Hope already knows her answer. The brunette walks over to her wife, ushering her head at the tie in Hope's hand, "May I?"

"Of course," Hope nods a single time as she allows Josie to take the material.

The brunette drapes it around Hope's collar, making a conscious effort to fight the blush threatening to pink her cheeks at Hope's intense gaze.

She's sure to concentrate her own line of sight on the knot she begins to tie. The task becomes increasingly difficult, though, as Hope reaches for the tie of Josie's robe, fiddling with it teasingly, before her fingertips slowly drag upward against the silky material to the smooth skin of Josie's torso just beneath.

"Hope..." Josie takes her lip between her teeth as she finishes the knot, and Hope glances up to catch the action before Josie releases her lip from her teeth, "I should get dressed...Wouldn't want to be late for our first date."

Hope can't help the tug at the corner of her lips at Josie's obvious thoughts, but she slowly lets the tie of her robe fall free from her fingertips, clearing her throat as she takes a half step back, "I'll give you some privacy."

While Hope exits the room, Josie curses herself for her inability to pull herself together as she walks over to her closet and pulls out her dress for the night, envisioning Hope's reaction to seeing her in it.

She slips into the dress and into her heels before making her way out of the bedroom, walking over to the small table in the foyer to grab her purse.

At the same time, the door opens, and Hope walks back inside after taking the dog out. She shuts the door as she enters the house. "Jo, I got you some—" Her words pause when her eyes catch the sight of her wife. Josie wears a black, spaghetti strap, high slit gown, and pointed toe high heels to match.

Josie finally glances in Hope's direction, her eyes catching sight of the bouquet of red roses in her hand, and a small smile finds Josie's lips, blush finding her cheeks unapologetically.